Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot in the Suspension and the Wheels/Tires sections because I want to get Springs and Rims, and I need to make sure the rims I want (RX-8s) will fit with the springs I want (Mazdaspeed or Eibach Pro Kit). But, I have NO IDEA what "rolling fenders" is. Can anybody explain to me what this is and what the purpose of it is. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
900 Posts
There's alot in here about that. Including how-to's with pics and all. Search and ye shall find!!! As far as what fits (that's been posted to death, too!), it's simple. Your stock rims have a +60 mm offset. In other words, your wheel center where it bolts to the hub on your car is 60mm towars the outer edge of the rim. The most you can get away with without rubbing the inner lip on your rear wheel ell openings is +48mm. There are alot of nice rims out there that are less than +48mm and they will rub if you do not roll the rear fender lip. I believe that there are people in here, too, that have RX-8 rims on their 6's (again, a search would be in order for pics and fitment issues).

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts