Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had finished painting black my driver side calipers, but the orange side light was ruining the view. I bought the Rock Guard protectors for the side lights and was very pleased on how they turned out. Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Nice but those look pretty dark hows the light output?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice but those look pretty dark hows the light output?
[/b]
Here is a pic taken with a flash. As you can see the flash went right thru the Rock Guard to show the orange. At night the light shines orange quite good.

Did you buy them from rockblocker?
[/b]
Yep, from Rockblocker

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
I had finished painting black my driver side calipers, but the orange side light was ruining the view. I bought the Rock Guard protectors for the side lights and was very pleased on how they turned out. Here are a couple of pics.
[/b]
Side question, what paint did you use to paint your calipers? Also, how did you go about it?

Did you buy them from rockblocker?
[/b]
Are you able to take them off and put them back on as you like, or is it once you put them on they're not coming off?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Side question, what paint did you use to paint your calipers? Also, how did you go about it?
Are you able to take them off and put them back on as you like, or is it once you put them on they're not coming off?
[/b]
I used the G2 Brake Caliper Paint System Set. It comes with everything you need to prepare and then paint your calipers. Very easy to do, just takes a long time to setup once painted.

My guess is the Rockblockers aren't coming off. You finish up the installation with a hair dryer. I'm guessing that sets up the adhesive pretty good.

·
Registered
578 Posts
[/b]
Are those 70% or 83% light output? I assume 70%. From the above pics, it turned out really good.

Does anyone have the RockBlocker kit on the head and tail lights? If so, do they look as good as the side markers? I think dabears2k has the tail light kit, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
978 Posts
so did the rockblocker require removing the bumper and then the markers, or were you able to put them on without removing that stuff? looks really good though...just wonder how they'd look on a steel grey.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I have headlights in blue and taillights in light smoke. AZMZ6 has headlights in Blue also. Boozted has the taillights in light smoke.

There is no need to remove the bumper.

I just posted about 60 HQ pics in the SanDiego Photo Journey thread, so take a look there if you want some quality pics of the headlights/taillights.

AND NO, IT'S NOT COMING OFF!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have headlights in blue and taillights in light smoke. AZMZ6 has headlights in Blue also. Boozted has the taillights in light smoke.

I just posted about 60 HQ pics in the SanDiego Photo Journey thread, so take a look there if you want some quality pics of the headlights/taillights.
[/b]
68 pictures to be exact. :nana:

I'm wondering how much of a decrease in light output there would be with the dark smoke kit for the tails? Maybe I will do smoke for the head lights and dark smoke for the side markers and tails. This makes more sense to me than spending $200 on black tails and $50 for clear side markers.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
You cannot do smoke on the headlights. It is stupid and Illegal. I don't think Chad will even sell it to you. Do blue on the headlights. It looks awesome on ANY color (even blue)

·
Registered
233 Posts
You cannot do smoke on the headlights. It is stupid and Illegal. I don't think Chad will even sell it to you. Do blue on the headlights. It looks awesome on ANY color (even blue)
[/b]
anyone have a picture of blue on the headlights

·
Registered
4,775 Posts

[/b]
Hrm... Possibly read the post a few posts up... :eek:

In fact, here is a link for the ultra-lazy!! http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=50101

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are those 70% or 83% light output? I assume 70%. From the above pics, it turned out really good.

Does anyone have the RockBlocker kit on the head and tail lights? If so, do they look as good as the side markers? I think dabears2k has the tail light kit, but I'm not sure.
[/b]
70%, and thanks.

so did the rockblocker require removing the bumper and then the markers, or were you able to put them on without removing that stuff? looks really good though...just wonder how they'd look on a steel grey.
[/b]
Nope, just slap em on... They lined up nicely.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Very easy to do, just takes a long time to setup once painted.
[/b]
IllinoisMazda6, what exactly do you mean it 'takes a long time to setup once painted"? Are you talking about the time it takes the paint to dry/cure? Or did you have to remove the calipers? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm not sure what you mean. I''m planning on using the G2 system as well, as long as I don't have to remove the calipers.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
70%, and thanks.
Nope, just slap em on... They lined up nicely.
[/b]
So what is the difference between 70 to 83%? Which is lighter? What color is legal? I was looking at covering the clear sides with these, but I wasnt sure which was lighter.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
13 Participants
Slapstick
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing