Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i didn't notice i had few rock chips untill it rusted. i know it sounds stupid but its true. so i need help getting that rust out but i have no idea what i should do. so little help here.

one of my friend said use sand paper? but that sounds little weird.

after i get the rust out i'm thinking about using touch up paint. is this right thing to do?

[attachmentid=15407]

[attachmentid=15408]

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i get it professionally done wouldn't it be like a grand or something. i mean. thats a lot of money...

·
Registered
233 Posts
if i get it professionally done wouldn't it be like a grand or something. i mean. thats a lot of money...
[/b]
im pretty sure it wont cost a grand cause i just got mine quoted when my kit cracked and stuff it was 400.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You want to use sand paper in order to grind down the edges of the paint around the chip and to get the rust out of there. If you put touch-up paint over rust the paint wont stay there long. Get some very fine sand paper and just take your time, try to get as much rush out as you can, then use a paint pen or whatever touchup paint you like and do several light coats, all while sanding a little after each coat (except for the last one). Once you have enough coats so the paint is just about level with the paint around it then put on a few coats of clear and your done. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
if i were you i would just leave it to the pros.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the insights.

well im going to go to a shop and ask for a quote. if its 350and under i guess i'll ask them to do it.

but if its over 350 then no. because i was thinking about getting a CPE intake. heh...

·
Registered
293 Posts
i think i may be mistaken, but i believe we have 100,000mile warantees on rust..unless that excludes things like this when the paint is chipped off

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i think i may be mistaken, but i believe we have 100,000mile warantees on rust..unless that excludes things like this when the paint is chipped off
[/b]
the warranty from Mazda covers perferations through the metal. it doesn't cover stone chips, or wear-n-tear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts