Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't get to do the full tank check, but I left Fuquay NC and went to Roanoke VA and back yesterday. I filled up in Burlington at 2.37 a gallon, on the way back I topped it off in Bassett VA where it was cheapest at 2.28 a gallon. I got 26.59 MPG on those 7.86 gallons it took. Pretty good considering I was driving up and down hills! I was doing 75-80 in NC and 70-74 in VA where it was 65mph. I also had some city miles going to my mom's house from 220 in Roanoke.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well, I didn't get to do the full tank check, but I left Fuquay NC and went to Roanoke VA and back yesterday. I filled up in Burlington at 2.37 a gallon, on the way back I topped it off in Bassett VA where it was cheapest at 2.28 a gallon. I got 26.59 MPG on those 7.86 gallons it took. Pretty good considering I was driving up and down hills! I was doing 75-80 in NC and 70-74 in VA where it was 65mph. I also had some city miles going to my mom's house from 220 in Roanoke.
[/b]

Nice #'s, best i achieved is about 22 but my driving is VERY spirited :) I've only had the cars two months!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just filled up yesterday. 292 miles including 200 mile XMas Eve road trip, 95% highway at 75 mph. I got 23.3 MPG which isn't drastically better than my typical 22.4 based on a commute of 1/3 highway, 1/3 secondary highway and 1/3 back roads (no stop and go). And I nearly always accelerate fairly hard through the first couple gears, which I didn't do at all on the road trip. My car is very consistent. Never gotten worse than 21, and never gotten as much as 24 MPG.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm going to need to wait to get the real MPG but A 280 mile trip cost me a little less that half a tank, according to the gauge.

The MS6 is one of the best cars I have ever driven, as far as road trips are concerned.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm going to need to wait to get the real MPG but A 280 mile trip cost me a little less that half a tank, according to the gauge.

The MS6 is one of the best cars I have ever driven, as far as road trips are concerned.
[/b]

280 miles on less then 1/2 tank would be 35 +mpg, uhhhh i think your gas gauge might be off :)

What speeds were you cruising at?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah, I took a road trip too and got about 22.6 to 23 mpg on mostly hightway driving doing between 80-100. I get bored easily as I live in FLORIDA the flat state with no fun curves to get happy about. LOL! :) Good mileage for my style of driving. But in the stop and go driving I do mostly everyday, my mileage does go down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts