Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the April issue of Road and Track. There is a tiny correction stating that they had a typo in their comparison, and the Accord got too many points for price. It should have been 97.1, but was printed as 97.7. This means that the Accord and Mazda6 end in a tie for first place. I won't rant again about the trunk space debacle, but we know who really won, don't we?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Road & Track posts corrections to comparo

Well, now isn't that just convienent.

Opps, we misscored the Accord by exacty .6 of a point. Gee, anymore and we would have had to change everything. Aren't we lucky!

·
Registered
791 Posts

Think Road and Track has enough dignity to post a second retraction for their trunk foul-up?

·
Registered
262 Posts

You know what's sad about that is the majority of the people who read that review are never going to know about that correction. To them, they saw the comparison, saw that the Accord won (despite the controversy about the trunk space); and then went to their Honda dealers to pick one up. Simpletons...

BTW, my neighbor just got a new 4-door Accord V6 (EDIT) "automatic". He loves it but I can’t stand the sight of it. The front is okay, but the rear is even uglier up close and personal. I rode in it with him (didn’t get to drive it though) and while the interior is nice and serine, it just wasn’t my taste. The nav system was pretty cool though. I asked him if why he didn’t get a Mazda 6 and he said, “I would have, but I couldn’t find one with a V6 manual. Plus, I wanted a new car now, I didn’t want to wait for a special order.” Eh, his loss…

·
Registered
170 Posts

Right, and does everyone read the corrections. It still sticks in everyones mind as the Accord winning. Oh well, let em' buy an Accord.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Road & Track posts corrections to comparo'

Originally posted by robgtaasc

You know what's sad about that is the majority of the people who read that review are never going to know about that correction.  To them, they saw the comparison, saw that the Accord won (despite the controversy about the trunk space); and then went to their Honda dealers to pick one up.  Simpletons...

BTW, my neighbor just got a new 4-door Accord V6 manual.  He loves it but I can’t stand the sight of it.  The front is okay, but the rear is even uglier up close and personal.  I rode in it with him (didn’t get to drive it though) and while the interior is nice and serine, it just wasn’t my taste.  The nav system was pretty cool though.  I asked him if why he didn’t get a Mazda 6 and he said, “I would have, but I couldn’t find one with a V6 manual.  Plus, I wanted a new car now, I didn’t want to wait for a special order.”  Eh, his loss…[/b]
Hmmm... I believe only the Accord Coupe comes w/ a V6 and MTX. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here... I certainly didn't find a manual V6 sedan on Honda's website.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Yes you're right CzechMate, I meant automatic. I guess V6 manual has just seeped into my brain... stupid V6 manual Mazda 6... ;)

Although, now that you point that out to me, his reasoning for not getting a 6 doesn't really hold any water. Hmmm... well he does own a lot of Hondas. He still has an old Civic hatchback, he previously owned a '99 Civic before buying the Accord, and he has a Honda Superhawk. I guess he's just a Honda guy.

·
Registered
315 Posts

The reviewers are entitled to write what they please and how they see it.
Why does it bother people when their car isn't the choosen one? I just don't get it.
Even in the reviews they state that differences in the cars and that some aspects may appeal to other drivers versus what appeals to them. I've read the reviews and I certainly don't want an Accord. I find it dull in appearance and bland in driving. I am going to test a V6 coupe with 6 speed though, why not? :)

The Honda Accord has been the middle of the road car for years and years. The 6 is new and to come that close to beating the "new" Accord in it's first year is simply awesome.
The 6 is on C&D's 10 best list. How cool is that for a car that's only been out for a few months?

Keep up the good work Mazda. And, please bring the AWD 2.3 turbo. :)

Tome

·
Registered
49 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Road & Track posts corrections to comparo'

Originally posted by stretchsje

Think Road and Track has enough dignity to post a second retraction for their trunk foul-up?[/b]
Hahahaha!

·
Registered
391 Posts

Mazda6 beats it's competition. It has a little bit of everything. Or more like lots of everything. Altima fast, accord reliable, camry is toyota, and mazda6 has everything those cars have plus some more stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts