Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
They better not put a piston engine in that car and call it an RX-7!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I cann't even believe some people or mags that is were trying to call it the next RX-7. The R is for rotory how could they when it doesn't even have the power plant.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Why would an RX-7 be such a bad thing? An NA rotary much like the RX-7's of the 1st and 2nd gen would keep it affordable, light, and quick.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Why would an RX-7 be such a bad thing? An NA rotary much like the RX-7's of the 1st and 2nd gen would keep it affordable, light, and quick.
[/b]
If they use a rotary engine, I'm all for it. They are talking of the car using the 2.0 litre I4 from the MX-5 in the article.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I've been following this vehicle closely. Nobody is claiming the car would be an RX-7 unless Mazda equipped it with a rotary, and the market case for another rotary is currently weak. Still, there may be two versions of this car (actually four, if you count the Miata and RX-8) based on similar underpinnings but targeted to different audiences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Stretch
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing