Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mazdaspeed 6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mazda 6 Club, My name is Jesse. I currently reside in San Antonio, TX and have recently purchased a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 from an impound auction. During the day i run about town doing mobile car audio and 12v accessory installations (Mobile Car Audio & Accessory Installation ») and in the evenings i work on vehicles purchased at auction rebuilding, repairing and prepping for resale! So far this year I have purchased the following:

-1999 Honda Civic
-2006 Mazda 6
-2012 Mini Cooper R56
-2004 Nissan Titan
-2007 Mazdaspeed 6
-1990 Nissan D21 Pickup
-1990 Isuzu Pup pickup

All of the vehicles have been a success with the exception of the 99 Honda civic in the end i only lost $125 so it wasn't so bad. As of right now I currently still have the 2012 Mini Cooper, 1990 Nissan D21, 1990 Isuzu Pup and the 2007 Mazdaspeed 6! I have done many extensive repairs and learned a lot over the past 8 months. I have pretty much just began work on the Mazdaspeed 6 and i figured why not keep a log on everything that we do to the vehicle? I mean i do plan on keeping this ride for some time. I absolutely cannot wait to get it finished and road worthy so I can finally make my great escape from the biggest fail on the roads today, the R56 Mini Cooper. Below are some photos of the car just after I purchased it at auction, The only thing done with it thus far has been the clutch and flywheel In which i forgot to document so we will just start here. Their was an insane amount of clatter from the clutch when it was in neutral when purchased, no battery in the vehicle and was "site unseen" other than some online photos. (The auctions are this way for the time being due to COVID-19). Knowing it was a major risk was OK with me i the fact that I have ALWAYS wanted a Mazdaspeed... well i guess also after taxes and bid amount on day 1 we were out a total of $1,060.00 on the car. Purchased a AGM battery from Sams for ~$149.00. New clutch kit I believe was $449.00? I don't recall exactly. also a new aluminum Flywheel which ran $300.00 maybe a bit more from amazon. Still what is needed to be road worthy at this time is going to be: Front and rear wheel bearings, Brakes, body panels secured and a few other minor things. If anyone has any suggestions for me along the way of this process please feel free to throw your ideas out there, I will be regularly uploading pictures and continuing along my journey!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Check the center diff and check it good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome. Love the Speed6. None of them survived New England.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a steering wheel. PM me.

Oh. and I am jealous!

·
Registered
2007 Mazdaspeed 6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked diff, one bushing was shot. Ordered OEM bushings pressed them in and diff is more stable now. I do think the rear passenger CV axle is in need of replacement.

thaxman, I will shoot you a message

·
Super Moderator
17,740 Posts
Dang, just saw this thread! Welcome to the forum and good luck with the restore; always nice to see a Speed6 being properly taken care of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts