Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wussup aybody??
So this is my first post about my first car and my first time buying rims :) .........Tough ass decision with regards to color considering I own a Redfire Metallic ('04s). I been looking around and spectating on the forum for a while and a got a couple of rims I wanna show you; feel free to tell me your opinions and give any suggestions you have thanks.

[attachmentid=11624] These are the Drag DR14's (18X7.5)

[attachmentid=11625] These are the Zinik Z18 Minardi's (18x7.5)

[attachmentid=11626] These are the 5zigen Hyper 5ZR's (19x7.5)

Mesh style Wheels(havn't seen too many ppl with these)

[attachmentid=11627] These are the RPM R505's (18x8??)....also have it in chrome

[attachmentid=11629] These are Verde?? Koas (18x8's also)...never heard of them but they look cool

Tell me what you think guys, and if any of you have any of these shoes on already feel free to post up pix.

Thanks much. Beeks :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I like those Hyper 5ZR's and have been considering the silver ones for my 6.
I didnt' like the mesh ones at first, but they've been growing on me so I would vote for RPM's second...won't 18x8 require rolling?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like those Hyper 5ZR's and have been considering the silver ones for my 6.
I didnt' like the mesh ones at first, but they've been growing on me so I would vote for RPM's second...won't 18x8 require rolling?
[/b]
Yeah the 5zr's are cool, thinking of the one they call "super metallic black". Not sure if the 18x8's will fit (with rolling)....hoping someone can say. Yeah I figured I would ask about the mesh wheels and see if people feel them........Oh yeah, the Konig Imagines are nice also :)

Thanks 2Poor.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i also have been looking at those Drag DR-14's but cant find them in an offset higher than 40, what is the offset of the ones you found in 18x7.5??
[/b]
Yeah that's what I thought at first too but the guy I speak to about wheels over here called a Drag dealer and he said they make them in 45mm............shit about it is they cost 50 more a wheel. :swearin:

·
Registered
780 Posts
I like the RPM's too, and I'm looking to get 18x8's as well. they should be able to fit with the fenders rolled and with an offset of 45, 48, or 50. I havent seen any other offets that fit, but these are the offsets that alot of people have gotten to fit.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
5zigen Hyper 5ZR's (19x7.5)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hyper black 5zr's come in 18x7.5 also.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I went from factory to these, 19x7.5 Arospeed RS-GT gunmetal:

Took those off and now got the 18x7.5 Enkei RS7 in anthracite:

Honestly I wouldn't recommend going w/ black wheels on Redfire. Stick closer to gunmetal. Also gold looks good if you want to go that route. I thought long and hard about going gold.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:D Much Respect guys for the feedback; looks like the RPM's and 5ZR'S are in the finals huh.....cool. I'll call around to see what the offsets are and how much the RPM's weigh v.s. stock weight (looks heavy).
Hyper Black (SMB) looks absolutely pimpin on the 6, just wanted to stand out a little though..................Gold?? Wish I had the ballz austinhusker.

Couple of questions for you though; any reason for dropping to 18's and how did the feel/handling change if any. Thoinx

Beeks

p.s :thumbup: on the fuzzy dice crzygosu87

·
Registered
676 Posts
3rd and 4th get's my vote

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Dropped from 19 to 18 because 19's are just too big for this car plain and simple. They were heavier and just rode rough. Went to the 18's for a much smoother ride.

40mm offset is questionable. You'd have to roll the crap out of the fenders and might still get some rubbing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
S'up folks,
Thanks again for the advice on the shoes. Went out today and tinted up the 6 (20% all around) and switched out all inside lights to LED's. Anyaway back to the topic...........the announcement is that I've definately decided to go with the 5zr's. BUT.......(need yr help again guys)

[attachmentid=11684] [attachmentid=11685] Rivets

[attachmentid=11682] [attachmentid=11683] No Rivets

So sorry about my nOOBness, but here goes. I think I decided I'm gonna go with the SMB (super metallic black) but I think they only make 'em in 19's, so if not 19's then that leaves us with the decisions: 18"-Rivets vs. No Rivets and 18" Hyper Black v.s Gloss Black (all are pictured above clockwise): Hyper Black(riveted), Gloss Black (riveted), Gloss balck, and SMB(19")

Anyway I'll leave you guys some pix of her I took todayin the next post. Thanks for yr help.
Beeks :D

He're the pix I promised y'all :)

[attachmentid=11687]

[attachmentid=11688]

[attachmentid=11689]

[attachmentid=11690]

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Go with whatever that last one is. Looks like it's hyperblack? and no rivets. For sure go no rivets no matter what.
[/b]
Aight Mang, I'm taking the plunge. I'll give you the updates as I order them and pix when the shoes get put on. Thnx Aybody! :D

Beeks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
13 Participants
jaysonday
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing