Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas... At the sake of sounding like even more of a noob, just remember... I have searched, but i cant seem to find answers to this. I would like to put the 18" rx8 rims on my 2004 6. Will i need to roll the fenders, and even more... WHAT IS ROLLING THE FENDERS!!!. I have tokiko blues on my car, and will soon have eibach pro line... What tires will be the best? Thanks again, and apologies for the noob!

·
Registered
101 Posts
First off, let me be 'that guy' and say- if you have searched about rx8 wheel fitment and fender rolling and came up empty- you didn't search enough, or you have been looking in the wrong place.

To answer your question, rx8 wheels have been done to death and they work without a problem. Go with a 225/40/18 for an 8" wide wheel.

Fender rolling means rolling or clipping the flat part inside the fender up so it doesn't rub on your tires when the suspension is compressed.

The drop from pro line's won't make a big difference, so you're safe there too. Roll your fenders anyways though, it never hurts.

rolling fenders:
Fender Rolling

rx8 fitment:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/picture-videos/193814-post-your-rx8-wheels.html

seriously dude, that took me all of 1 minute to search, copy/paste/write. Do work.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thank you for the answers... I guess i was looking in the wrong spot, apologies! A little side note though, I got the rims powder coated black! Just sayin...

·
Registered
200 Posts
If people didnt put post asking questions this site would be empty and never have new post lol , or better yet wouldnt give people the opportunity to bitch at new people. It makes me laugh everytime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts