Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone how to rewire the front amber lights so they turn on when I turn on my headlights?

·
Registered
586 Posts
if u are talking about the amber front corner markers....they should turn on when you turn on ur headlights...., add your location to ur profile so we can help you better..

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
yeah...they should already...please also add what year and model your car is

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone how to rewire the front amber lights so they turn on when I turn on my headlights?
[/b]
I meant the front directional amber signal lights on my 2004 M6i 5door.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Um, those are called turn signals, and only come on when you are making a turn that you have indicated. They should not be wired to come on all the time with the headlights for ANY REASON

·
Registered
586 Posts
are you from the United States or somewhere else?

take a look at the picture here:

[attachmentid=13027]

if you mean front ambers....i assume u mean #2 in the pic i posted

if so...those are supposed to turn on already.....if u mean #1 (not found on the US models) then..u could prolly just tap into the wires for your parking lights or the wires for #2 and also add a wire to the turn signals (so they would either flash simultanoulsy wh

if you mean # 3...follow what debears says..those are not supposed to be messed with..

hope that helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you from the United States or somewhere else?

take a look at the picture here:

[attachmentid=13027]

if you mean front ambers....i assume u mean #2 in the pic i posted

if so...those are supposed to turn on already.....if u mean #1 (not found on the US models) then..u could prolly just tap into the wires for your parking lights or the wires for #2 and also add a wire to the turn signals (so they would either flash simultanoulsy wh

if you mean # 3...follow what debears says..those are not supposed to be messed with..

hope that helps...
[/b]

Um, those are called turn signals, and only come on when you are making a turn that you have indicated. They should not be wired to come on all the time with the headlights for ANY REASON
[/b]

Um, they are also called directionals and here in NY, the front amber directional turn signal lights in the headlight array on my 2004 M6i hatchback are also on with the headlights (or just the parking lights) of almost every single car and truck and bus in the city. There were on on my 2002 Protege, they're on on my wife's 2006 Civic and their on on the Mazda3!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Um, they are also called directionals and here in NY, the front amber directional turn signal lights in the headlight array on my 2004 M6i hatchback are also on with the headlights (or just the parking lights) of almost every single car and truck and bus in the city. There were on on my 2002 Protege, they're on on my wife's 2006 Civic and their on on the Mazda3!
[/b]
Yeah... I know what you are saying. They were on (when the headlights were on) with my Yukon and Tahoe and Ranger... I am pretty sure they are on with my 2004 6i also...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
mr.stephens
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing