Mazda 6 Forums banner

Review Test Drive: 2017 Mazda6 GT

8K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Buzzman12 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Well, I just bought and took delivery of a brand new 2017 M6 with the premiere and tech package last week.
I have all of 230kms on it so far.
It is a beautiful car, no question. That is one of the things that attracted me to it.
I added tinted windows, the Mazda trunk lid spoiler (not standard in Canada), mud flaps, and colour matching body side moulding (with the Mazda 6 logo).
I'm afraid to park it anywhere now.

Anyway, the heated steering wheel is nice, but I agree that it would be better if it was heated all the way around.
As for power, I didn't feel it was an issue when I test drove it before buying, and I am still quite happy with the performance.
I'm not taking it out on the drag strip or a track. That's not why I bought it.

As for noise, compared to my last car, this thing is very quiet.
The GT comes with thicker glass, so I think that makes a difference.
The ride is a little stiff and controlled, but that's what I prefer.
I imagine the 19 inch wheels have something to do with that. Maybe 17's would soften it up a bit. Again, I'm quite happy in that department.

The one thing I wish it had that my last car had: auto down windows through the FOB.
I could lower the front windows on my previous car with my key fob.
This shouldn't be hard to program in, so hopefully they'll incorporate this feature on a future update.

I'm still experimenting with all of the nanny features, but so far I like what this car can do.
The laser cruise control is amazing, once I learned to trust it.....lol.

As for space, again, not an issue. It's just my wife and I now, and there's plenty of room in the back for the grandkids.
The trunk is huge too. No lack of space at all.

#6 ·
So far, no rattles. The monitor seems to be rattle free.

One thing I've noticed, now that the cold weather has really hit up here (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada), is that the engine idling on cold startups is a little noisier than I would expect.
Not totally happy with that. I may ask the dealer if this is normal or not. Gets quieter as it warms up.
Sounds a little like a diesel when it first starts up. Direct injection may be causing this?

#8 ·
Underpowered

The reviewer does not say it's chronically underpowered as this bullet suggests. They said "Admittedly, there were times I found the Mazda6 underpowered, although the four-cylinder and six-speed automatic transmission is a responsive combination.

I'm so sick of people calling this car underpowered. It's quicker than any car it competes directly against. If it's underpowered (which is highly debatable given it's quicker than, for example, my neighbor's 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora with a 4.0 L Northstar V8) then the whole class of midsize, base-engined sedans is underpowered and don't buy one.

#9 ·

Underpowered

The reviewer does not say it's chronically underpowered as this bullet suggests. They said "Admittedly, there were times I found the Mazda6 underpowered, although the four-cylinder and six-speed automatic transmission is a responsive combination.

I'm so sick of people calling this car underpowered. It's quicker than any car it competes directly against. If it's underpowered (which is highly debatable given it's quicker than, for example, my neighbor's 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora with a 4.0 L Northstar V8) then the whole class of midsize, base-engined sedans is underpowered and don't buy one.

2017 Camry and accord (v6) have more hp for about the same price as a Mazda 6 GT.

That’s why it always get slammed for being under powered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.