Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,

So I am not sure exactly how to go about reviewing this combo seeing as I only have my stock clutch to compare it to. Considering my clutch started to slip, the difference is amazing. The pedal feel is tight but not stiff. When I want to shift, it is there immediately, giving me a definite edge in acceleration over the stock. The best way to describe the feeling is that it has significantly more "jump" when shifting properly. That being said, I killed it numerous times after first getting heheh. But after getting used to it, I love it.

NOTE: I also have been tinkering with the clutch adjustment, so pairing this with a new clutch/flywheel is enough to keep a smile on my face :)

In about a week, I'll post again with some MPG gains. I've had it on for about a week now but have been doing other things to the car so I haven't gotten a chance to record the mileage properly.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

-Shua

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
With the lighten flywheel and the less aggressive clutch, what's the drivability of the vehicle like? Previously, I've read with the fidenza and the stage 2 or 3 clutch, it makes its more difficult to drive around town and a lot more sensitive.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (dawei213 @ Apr 10 2009, 09:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1545738
With the lighten flywheel and the less aggressive clutch, what's the drivability of the vehicle like? Previously, I've read with the fidenza and the stage 2 or 3 clutch, it makes its more difficult to drive around town and a lot more sensitive.[/b]
After the brief adjustment period, it drives great...definitely not too stiff/harsh.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Going from a normal to performance clutch is night and day.
The pedal travel from friction point to fully engaged is completely
different. You'll find it a little aggravating at first matching revs because
the new clutch is less forgiving, but time will heal this, and you'll wonder
why you didn't do it years ago!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Mcfly013
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing