Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I seem to be the only one on here who's tried these out and thought I would share. I thought the exhaust tips had walls that were too narrow and were a little small for the bumper cutout and size of the car. I also felt like seeing more chrome with the tips would look good with the chrome on the trunk. I knew I didn't want an exhaust because I didn't want the noise or attention it would get with this car so just getting tips made sense. I just wanted something that looked like it was oem to anyone who didn't know any better.

So I looked and found exhaust tips that slide onto the stockers in a way that they look like one piece - without the exhaust tip within an exhaust tip look of clamp ons (and many oem vehicles with shaped outlets). You can get the pair on ebay for less than $40 shipped so I thought I'd give them a try. Installing them was fairly easy, but you will need a rubber mallet to get them on all the way. Unfortunately, they don't look perfect because on closer inspection, the stock exhaust already sort of has the pipe within a pipe look as seen in the first photo, and the inner edge could you some polishing. Despite these shortcomings, overall I am very satisfied with the result for the price. Sorry that I didn't do the best job keeping the angles the same in the comparison shots, I was in a hurry and standing on an awkward hill.

Edit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301602461503

·
Super Moderator
16,774 Posts
Not too shabby. I'd need to see them in person to really be convinced but for $40 it's worth looking in to.

Thanks for the review :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hiiii nope

1 - 8 of 8 Posts