Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I seem to be the only one on here who's tried these out and thought I would share. I thought the exhaust tips had walls that were too narrow and were a little small for the bumper cutout and size of the car. I also felt like seeing more chrome with the tips would look good with the chrome on the trunk. I knew I didn't want an exhaust because I didn't want the noise or attention it would get with this car so just getting tips made sense. I just wanted something that looked like it was oem to anyone who didn't know any better.

So I looked and found exhaust tips that slide onto the stockers in a way that they look like one piece - without the exhaust tip within an exhaust tip look of clamp ons (and many oem vehicles with shaped outlets). You can get the pair on ebay for less than $40 shipped so I thought I'd give them a try. Installing them was fairly easy, but you will need a rubber mallet to get them on all the way. Unfortunately, they don't look perfect because on closer inspection, the stock exhaust already sort of has the pipe within a pipe look as seen in the first photo, and the inner edge could you some polishing. Despite these shortcomings, overall I am very satisfied with the result for the price. Sorry that I didn't do the best job keeping the angles the same in the comparison shots, I was in a hurry and standing on an awkward hill.

Edit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301602461503

·
Super Moderator
18,359 Posts
Not too shabby. I'd need to see them in person to really be convinced but for $40 it's worth looking in to.

Thanks for the review :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hiiii nope

·
Registered
736 Posts
Meh, I am in different boat, looking for something to actually make them more subtle flushed to rear end.

Something like this.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Despite these shortcomings, overall I am very satisfied with the result for the price.

Hey, how are these tips holding up? Based on the foliage in your photos, it looks like you get snow, no? If so, how are they holding up to road salt?

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Hey, how are these tips holding up? Based on the foliage in your photos, it looks like you get snow, no? If so, how are they holding up to road salt?
Really? You bump a 6 yo thread to ask how well $15 tips hold up in the weather? LOL

This is why thats dumb:

Joined Apr 15, 2015
Last seen Oct 9, 2015

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,091 Posts
Really? You bump a 6 yo thread to ask how well $15 tips hold up in the weather? LOL

This is why thats dumb:

Joined Apr 15, 2015
Last seen Oct 9, 2015
...but than again you took the time to comment on the bump and report the logging dates in addition to the put-down... :unsure:...
just like I commented on the commented comment... 🙄
Admittedly I do find it amusing that an observation and connection was made between foliage-precepitation-geographic location-local road maintenance practices.
Perhaps someone else got the tips and would report on account of the bump.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,091 Posts
@DrFeelGood
I think I already asked this but I have forgotten. How do you do that "spoiler" thing?
Highnight the text you want to be the spoiler and select the 3-dots to expand the [insert] menu. Select spoiler.
Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

That reveals a secret

Or the kind that is Get-inline

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Highnight the text you want to be the spoiler and select the 3-dots to expand the [insert] menu. Select spoiler.
View attachment 244081

That reveals a secret

Or the kind that is Get-inline
Thanks a lot! I'm using an old version of tapatalk and there's no option like that. I haven't tried using the computer to log in. I'll give it a try one day. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
@DrFeelGood

I feel so silly! I opened the browser to save your post in the bookmark section.

Then I saw this:

It's available in the mobile version! I usually use tapatalk because I find it more convenient to browse through the forum. I only switch to mobile version when using the functions "multiple quotes" and "mention".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts