Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some body with blue reverse light on cardomain and it look pimp. Do you guys know where I can get these bulb, and how hard it's to open the back light casing and installing it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Reading Topic: reverse light

i did that on my 6.
but i only painted them in blue.it's way lot cheaper :D
plus they didn't sell the bulbs at that time, so the shop i went to said that he'd paint them. and he did...and did it for free :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

When the bulb get hot does the paint melt or what? Can i get some pix of it in action? and also simple instruction to get to the bulb is great (i'm sure i can paint it myself :-d)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

In the long run yes it will melt of course, but how long do you usually put the reverse gear(to get the reverse lights on)? 30 minutes? no rite?
i'll post pics when i got time...coz i don't have a digicam :(
but it's illegal here in Down Under

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

illegal here in the state too.. but.. oh well fun is fun! i don't know how many time a copy

·
Registered
383 Posts

And I thought backup lights were just used to see what's behind me...how silly I was....

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'reverse light'

Originally posted by pgmr

And I thought backup lights were just used to see what's behind me...how silly I was....[/b]
Yes, silly you.

Well...I thought so too.

Silly us, then...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by IronTiger

Yeah changing your reverse light is a big NO-NO here Statesides They look kewl though[/b]
Though...how often did you here the cops say "Now, put your reverse in to see what color your reverse light has!" ??

Me either... :sarc

·
Registered
205 Posts

Honestly.. When I had my 99 Accord, I had red/clear taillights and you actually saw the xenon/blue reverse bulb on my car, just like you see our 6's bulbs on the rear, the reverse and the turn signals. I honestly got pulled over so many times I can't even count.. All for having illegal lights, then I ask the cop, it's only my reverse lights and they tell me put on your hazards, then they see the xenon/blue turn signals as well and BOOM the ticket.. for illegal equipment.. They stop my for the reverse lights and then get me for having xenon/blue turn signals.. it really sucks.. but hey Imma do it to my 6 as well...lol

·
Registered
334 Posts

man.. changing ur indicator lights to blue is really too much ... lol u use that way too often ...
lucky the reverse LED i put in is not that obvious at all but really at night u can not see shit when u reverse! u need to put my windows down and turn my head to reverse when it's like fully dark place

·
Registered
205 Posts

Originally posted by [email protected]

man.. changing ur indicator lights to blue is really too much ... lol u use that way too often ...  
lucky the reverse LED i put in is not that obvious at all but really at night u can not see shit when u reverse! u need to put my windows down and turn my head to reverse when it's like fully dark place[/b]
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the BLUE color like in that mazda6 with the reverse lights, (I think yours?) but anyways, they were xenon/blue, like hid headlights. So everytime I signaled, WOW a nice bright xenon blue color shined everywhere throughout the street literally, this was at night. BUT during the day, it was really bad because when I tried signalling, no one can see the signal, because of the daylight and the signal light being so almost clear in the day. BUT IT WAS NICE TO SEE IT ON THE CAR!!!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

u don't change it blue -- was trying to do the oscram bulb effect.. where it's blueish when it's off but when u use it, it goes yellow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts