Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, had hids in my 2004 mazda 6 lowbeams for almost 2 weeks now and I'm mildly displeased with the light output from the halogen projectors, I guess the output is a bit better than halogen bulbs. I'm starting to think about retrofitting but want an extra set of headlights to work with and was wondering is it possible to use the 2006-2008 mazda 6 headlight assembly and just screw it onto my 2004 mazda 6? I like how the housing is blacked out compared to the 04 chrome housing. I will be using tsx projectors. Also does anyone know a good site to order a set of mazda 6 headlights? (Dealership charges way too much) thanks.

·
Registered
898 Posts
From what I understand having talked to my dealer some time ago, aside from the color of the housing, it's the same for all years.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Let me know what you find, I too have HIDs and I dont like the cats eye projectors on my car(05 6i sport). I know something different will be ok still without blinding other drivers.

B

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yeah, they're all the same shape and fitment...the color is the only difference.

JerseyBoy, you'll want to find some TSX projectors. You can use BMW E46 projectors, which are the easiest swap, but the TSX ones provide the best bang for the buck while still being relatively easy to retrofit.

·
Registered
440 Posts
QUOTE (Freak4Dell @ Feb 12 2010, 08:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636679
Yeah, they're all the same shape and fitment...the color is the only difference.

JerseyBoy, you'll want to find some TSX projectors. You can use BMW E46 projectors, which are the easiest swap, but the TSX ones provide the best bang for the buck while still being relatively easy to retrofit.[/b]

Thanks for the info. I will lurk around for them.

B

·
Registered
898 Posts
By the way, you can just spray up your existing housings with whatever color you want (I prefer black rather than body color) instead of having to buy whole new housings. Over here, the dealer would do it for me for a song.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i remember a long time ago reading somewhere that they were not compatible... but hey i could be wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts