Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone.

Is it okay to resurface, or machine, an Exedy lightwieght flywheel when performing a clutch installation? I have been told that the lightened flywheel that I have in the car currently should not be reused.

I think that's lame if that is true (and I hope it's completely false) but I'd like some opinions from the M6 community.

Thank you for you time and input.

Alex

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
ive heard horror stories about re-surfacing them. thats why i actually spent the little extra on the fidanza with the replaceable surfaces. but if i was in your position, id rather risk resurfacing it. then just tossing it back in with a used surface, cause it wont seat 100%.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive heard horror stories about re-surfacing them...
Crap-tastic...!

MonoxideChild - you've heard the horror stories about the Exedy getting resurfaced in this Mazda6 forum? or stories about lightened flywheels getting resurfaced in general?

Are the horror story about difficulty in doing the resurface to a lightened flywheel *or* are the horror stories from negative results of using a resurfaced lightened flywheel?

Thank you for your quick response!

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
they were on other forums. i think this is actually the 1st time ive ever seen anyone ever mentioning it here. most anyone who has installed it wouldnt have had any reason to already replace it. im sure it will be fine being resurfaced one time. i just wouldnt have it done too many times total

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you about resurfacing too many times. I appreciate you letting me know what you think.

Alex

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok... i am gonna bite the bullet and buy a second Exedy lightened flywheel and a Clutch Masters clutch FX100 (Stage 1) will replace the Exedy Stage 1 when it all gets swapped out.

I'll be getting the old parts back and see what's up with why the Exedy clutch crapped out - it was installed incorrectly by some hack shithead shop so I wanna see what it looks like. I'm gonna get the work done at Riverside Mazda.

If the "old" flywheel looks ok, I'll put it up for sale on the forums, I guess.

Woo-hoo!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
Argento
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing