Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys? okay heres the scoop, i ordered the Mazdaspeed CAI friday night, and last night i was playing with the air box all out and ovserving what my car should sound like in a week...but i wanna get a previw of it before i get it!....

how do you take the resonator out?.... i have a hydrolic jack....(21inches).... and i have taken all the screws and little nobs out (Front driver side by the air intake) under the fender so i can get to the airbox.... i see this long "U" shaped object, dont know what that is... and i see a black plastic box(air box?!?!?!).....where is the resonator at?

is it the VERY LAST thing (the black box with the squares on it? if so.. how would i take that out?

thanks guys

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the resonator is held in with three nuts attached to bolts welded to the frame. you need to remove the factory airbox & the gold plate that holds the airbox down. under the car, you need to remove the triangular plastic sheild held in by 8mm bolts, & remove the push pins that hold the drivers fender liner in place. be sure to turn the steering wheel all the way to the left.

removing the three nuts isn't too hard. the entire job should take less than an hour. it's probably not worth the effort though, wait for the CAI to arrive and do it all at once.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will i need to take the resonator out anyway when i get the CAI?

so in the long run, it wouldnt matter when i took it out? right or wrong?

·
Registered
169 Posts
will i need to take the resonator out anyway when i get the CAI?

so in the long run, it wouldnt matter when i took it out? right or wrong?
[/b]
Yes, you will need to take out the resonator to make room for the piping and filter. So technically, it wouldn't really matter if you took it out now or not... but I would just wait for the CAI and do the whole thing at once and save yourself some time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts