Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone removed the resonator on the magnaflow exhaust, and if so does it make the exhaust sound raspy? Also is it possible to remove the stock CAT and replace it with a high flow cat to get rid of a little restriction? Im sure it wont do much but every little bit helps!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Yeah, you can do what you like really.

We have a muffler shop here who won't remove cats, but does replace them. Replacing with a high flow cat probably won't do muhc, as you suggested, but wouldn't hurt I guess.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they changed the exhaust on the 2006 models i was just under the car last night we only have 3 cats on the system, two right off the manifolds and one where the straight pipe goes to the cat back exhaust, you guys have one almost directly under the engine/tranny that i dont have....plus yours is two pipes until the flange at the cat back mine is one pipe, the changed alot...i have pics but dont know how to post them!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah see there is definately a big difference in the exhaust from to two years, well im going to get some money together and see if i can make my exhaust flow a little better, ill try to dyno before and after!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
06Mazda6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing