Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea of the residual values for the 6 in the U.S. If they're high. then I might look at leasing the car. If not, then I may have to wait longer to try financing it or lease something with a high residual, like the new TSX.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Reading Topic: Residual Values

too early to speculate what those values might be. of course the dealerships have been telling me how high the cars value will hold b/c of its styling appeal and boldness, but thats BS imo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I agree with it being garbage. I was told that someone is leasing a 6 for $400+ a month!!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Residual Values'

Originally posted by applejax

Traditionally, Mazdas do not hold their value as well as Toyota, Honda, or Acura.[/b]
No, but what is it that makes a car hold it's value as used?

Demand.

And the 6 is a pretty desirable car, don't you think?

My guess it that the Mazda6 will hold its value better than previous Mazdas...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

It may, but the '6 is an esoteric market. There is no doubt that the Camrys and the Accords have a higher demand. The '6, however, may result in a more enthusiastic demand, i.e. there will be fewer people that want them, but those that do would be willing to pay a premium.

Time will tell...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

You mix demand with demand contra supply. The demand is much lower for the 6, but so is also the number sold. Hence you still have a balance.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Those numbers you speak of don't take into account the psychological aspect of enthusiasm that I speak of.

Take, for example, the 91-95 MR2 (over here at least, if your area of the world doesn't agree, bear with me). There are very few of these cars around, and while there is a relatively small demand, the value of these cars is quite high due not only to reliabilty, but the enthusiats who want this car are willing to pay top dollar for one in primo condition.

They are hard to find, and they may be hard to sell, but when you do, it's for some $$.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

That's sort of what I meant. I think the Mazda6 will be a real enthusiast's car. But not only, I've seen some elderly gentlemen having them too.

But so far, mostly young people... (Me included, ofcourse... :) )

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

But not only, I've seen some elderly gentlemen having them too.

But so far, mostly young people... (Me included, ofcourse... :) )[/b]
You're only as old as you think you are...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

My dad is over 60 and have one :D Although I told him to skip that POS Laguna 2 (OK... It's a good car) and get a 6 instead. He didn't really care as the Laguna would have costed about as much and with the 6 he don't have to hear me complaining about french cars :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

You're only as old as you think you are...[/b]
That's oh so true. You look the age of your body, but you are the age of your heart and mind.

Am I a poet, or what?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts