Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been doing a little research, and I know that there are threads that are similarly related, but I just bought a 2003 Mazda6 with the Bose system and 6 CD changer in the dash. I am trying to find out if it has any kind of AUX inputs at all and I don't want to open up the dash just to be disappointed, so I was hoping someone could help me, maybe even with photos of the back of the head unit.

I already own a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play, and I want to install it. The best way to do so, is through 3.5mm stereo jack, and from the research that I have done on here it doesnt sound like there is any sort of input, unless you buy the AuxMod. Are there any other inputs back there, like RCA or anything that you can just get an adapter for or what am I dealing with?

Thanks

-James

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been looking into iPod integration for my 2005 UK Mazda 6 with Bose in-dash 6CD changer and (as far as I can tell) the only available sockets on the back of the stock head unit are the sat-nav multi-media-type socket and the aerial socket.

The easiest way for you to connect a Drive and Play would presumably be via a wired FM transmittor, mentioned here : http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/instal...on_options.aspx

This would give inferior sound quality though, compared to a wired installation or a 3.5mm jack plug I guess.

Presuming that the sat-nav plug contains separate pins for sound, I wonder if some kind of DIY job could be attempted if you could get hold of a plug ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
James,

I too have just bought a 2003 6 with bose stereo and a Harmon Kardon drive + play unit - how did you wire it up in the end and is sound quality ok? Am I right in thinking that the aerial socket on the rear of the radio head unit is accessible from the glove compartment when dropped (i.e. on the left of the head unit as viewed facing the bonnet)? I was going to use the aerial connection for speed of installation....or is hard wiring it easy and do I need any other adapters wires etc? Interesting to find someone who has trodden this route ahead of me!! hoping you can help,

Lawrence

1 - 3 of 3 Posts