Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am getting a 2003 Mazda 6 (non bose) sometime within the month and I am planning on putting in a complete new sound system (headunit, amps, speakers, sub). Its all getting put in professionally.

Anyway, I noticed theres a requirement for a new dash exterior like the metra to make it look nice and to fit a din unit. Is there anything else required for installation that is unique to the mazda 6?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Hey all,

I am getting a Mazda 6 sometime within the month and I am planning on putting in a complete new sound system (headunit, amps, speakers, sub). Its all getting put in professionally.

Anyway, I noticed theres a requirement for a new dash exterior like the metra to make it look nice and to fit a din unit. Is there anything else required for installation that is unique to the mazda 6?

Cheers
[/b]
You cannot currently purchase a dash kit for the 2006. The HU is integrated with the climate control. Last years kit cannot be adapted. So you are SOL :swearin:
This is really the only stumbling block to upgrading the system. The Bose HU has pre amp outputs under the front seat and the non Bose needs a LOC to tap into the signal at the front spkrs. You DO NOT need a auxilary eq or processor (although they are great) to interface with the syock HU. Many shops will tell you the only way to do it is with a "clean sweep" or similar item. This just adds to the cost of the system imo.
Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I'm a bit of a noob I should have mentioned all details! I am getting most probably a 2003 model without Bose :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
You will need a 6.5" adapter or the like if you plan on components. You could get a direct fit if you get a 5x7/6x8 though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts