Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Alignment is one of those things that doesn't exactly follow a set schedule of wear, even for a particular driver. The tell-tale signs of alignment issues are a pulling to one side on a smooth flat stretch of road and/or uneven wear on your tires. You can throw your alignment by hitting a pot hole just right or going into a curbed driveway wrong. I used to live in an apartment with a terrible entrance and even with careful driving, it would tear up my alignment every 20K miles or so (on a truck that recommends realignment every 50k miles). If your dealer did check the alignment prior to sale, the probably just made sure it didn't noticeably pull to one side and that the tires looked ok. 24K miles isn't absurd for needing a new alignment though it is rather early. You can get an alignment done for $50. If your dealer charges more than that, just get someone else to do it (mechanic, tire shop, etc) and keep the receipt if you have further issues. Just make sure you use someone with the computerized alignment machines, but I don't think anyone aligns by hand anymore. That was an absolute pain in the rump.

If your alignment had been off for a long time and you then rotated your tires, the uneven wear might be making the pull a lot worse since the uneven wear is now counter to your alignment. If you get an alignment and then your car still pulls, it may be too late for your tires. My wife's Hyundai would destroy front tires if the alignment were even a little off.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.