Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please visit this post on how to replace the cabin air filter

http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option...43&Itemid=1

then please take out your new M6 air filter and see if its already grayish like the old filter pix in the how-to.... or white like the replacement fliter.

reason being I'm not convince that the air filter get that dirty that quickly and I'm wondering if the original filter is a "carbon filter"?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i pulled out the cabin air filter out of my MS6 a couple days after purchase. it was white. FYI, my MS6 was built in 09/05.

i'm just now hitting 12k. i'll pull it out again this weekend & change if necessary.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I pulled mine out yesterday and it had 3 moths attached to it and was charcoal in color too. I still have no idea how 3 big moths got stuck and died on that filter within a year! <_<

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
mazda's recommended interval for cabin air filter replacement is 24 months/25k miles. the longest i've made it is about 9 months. they get nasty quick, especially if you run the auto-climate most of the time.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I pulled mine out yesterday and it had 3 moths attached to it and was charcoal in color too. I still have no idea how 3 big moths got stuck and died on that filter within a year! <_<
[/b]
You can get 3 dead moths in it in 15 minutes dude.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I checked mine at 16000 miles. It had a slight gray tint to it, but not a whole of debris inside. The big thing is dust. If you drive through a lot of dust on dirt rodes, check it quite often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts