Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, found a couple threads relating to this problem. more specifically the drivers side door.

Up until last night the switch worked, even through the mass amount of snow we got, but it all didn't start melting till yesterday, when the problem occured. I'm keeping with the mostiure issues since the accumulation of slush around here and underneath the vehicle.

Some believed the cause to be moisture causing it to short out the system, since most believe that the ones that control the door are located on the outside of the vehicle exposed to the elements. I found the rear one for the trunk behind the bumper, looks fine and dry. haven't located the 2 side ones, but the trunk and the passenger side door still work. right now the car has been sitting for about an hour, i'm gonna see if it dries out and starts working again.

anyways the point of this thread was, a new car shouldn't have this problem, and a few people have been experiencing this problem, i'm going to an actually mazdaspeed dealer on friday for an unrealated issue(the oil leak around the tranny/engine) and I'm gonna see if i can push them to get this issue and a few others under the microscope and try to get them as TSBs.

Also anyone have a list of tsb for the mazdaspeed6 and/or a exact location of where these sensors are?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I think the sensor for the trunk is above the braces that are behind the rear seats.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Have you tried pushing the request button on the door with the door open? If it responds, then it might be the sensor.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah tried pushing the button with the door open, no dice. i'm thinking the switch it self might be dead

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
yeah tried pushing the button with the door open, no dice. i'm thinking the switch it self might be dead
[/b]
warranty

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The Keyless antennas for the front doors are in the doors.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's what i kinda figured after looking. the trunk one is the only one that is mounted on the out side of the vehicle then

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
that's what i kinda figured after looking. the trunk one is the only one that is mounted on the out side of the vehicle then
[/b]
Yeah you found that one. There are more in the interior cabin of the car.

This has been an issue before for some. They simply change out the switch or sensor. Tough break.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep. o well it has to go in anyways for the oil leak. i'm going to have them inspect the clutch while they are in there to, since at minimum the oil pan is going to have to come off.

hmm let see what else should i have them check/replace while i'm there.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Have them check your coolant hoses, including the little overflow return hose. Check for leakage, and check the levels of the coolant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts