Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Repost of Mazda6 2.3L A-spec touring kit installed. Sorry for the delay. I had to find a place where i can do free image hosting.

Exhaust: HKS
Airfilter: HKS
Bodykit: Mazdaspeed A-spec Touring

Rear bumper was custom made. Rear a-spec apron was molded with my rear sports bumper. Haven't got much space to put in here, so I'll just post two low res pics.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

:love: ....

·
Registered
476 Posts
wow looks good dude! your shop did a good job on it.

also i was wondering if you had any sound clips of your exhaust, id like to hear what the hks sounds like.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The HKS Legamax is axle-back, depending on your preference really. I wanted to leave my exhaust noise between the 91db to 93db range, hence why I didn't go for catback. HKS also gives the option to include the catback system as well but it would cost you a bit extra. Concerning the sound, just imagine your stock exhaust, with a little bit more humm. It sounds cool on idle. :)

I just realized one thing though. When I was on the road, the top of my front tire kept hitting the area inside the fender at occasional bumps. It's never happened before. But I failed to put into account that the fiberglass front bumper would be more heavier than the sports bumper, hence I may have inadvertently dropped my front between 1 - 3 inch. If this was the case, I thought of replacing the front suspension back to stock (Im using H&R) and see if it would balance out.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Around USD1600. The rear apron fibreglass molding cost me an extra 200. I had a rear sports bumper and because of this it didn't fit the a-spec apron. I had a gap made on the front, just below my hood for aerodynamic purposes although when i thought of it now, it's pointless! LOL. But it still looked good.

The front Mazdaspeed emblem and the mazdaspeed carbon mirror came separately though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
U sure? I can see them very well. I got one of those free image hosting site so I doubt there'd be problems.

Each picture is between 95 - 104kb so it may took a bit longer to load.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks folks.

Scans007, yes that's correct. From what I was told by the workshop that did my car, they had to cut my aspec apron in half just to fit! It's something I wouldn't recommend unless you're willing to fork out some money for a stock rear bumper, which would obviously cost a lot more.

Of course, unless they have the a-spec rear bumper apron in stock, you could check it out yourself. My workshop did call up Mazdaspeed Japan to enquire about it, and MS Japan said that it wouldn't fit without having to cut and re-mold the apron. So I took that challenge. Still, I'm happy with the outcome now, despite having extra mods done.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Crap image hosting site. I'll get on it right away. Sorry folks.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Nice kit :love: Especially like the front lip

1 - 20 of 20 Posts