Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just rotated the wifes tires on her M6 wagon. After 5000 miles, the front tires had 8/32's to a tad more, the rears had 9/32nds. I would consider these tires to be wearing extremely well, very quite at speed. They look a little wierd, but seem fairly awesome. The kids are always in the car, so I've never really been able to flog them, maybe someone else can elaborate there.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have about 3000 miles on mine, 235/40-18s. Excellent tire so far. It's been raining cats and dogs the last week here in Vancouver, and the tires have been fantastic in the rain. I'm still exploring their limits, but I've accelerated hard making a right turn. No slip and the tires bite like they're on rails.

Anybody interested in a more thorough write up please check my post in the sticky section above in Members Tires.

I'll be rotating them front to back in a couple of months, after they've had about 5000 miles put on them.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can say I think it may have been a waste rotating at 5k miles. You could easily go 6-7000 miles on these between rotates.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
So they don't slip in the rain? Even my Ziex512's slip in the rain pretty easily.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
you can make any tire slip in the rain, you just gotta be ballsy enough to try it. if you can do it in a safe, empty place, i certainly suggest trying to find those limits so that you can operate within them. thats why i like to autocross...you learn quite a bit about your car and the limits very, very quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
It handles very well in the rain. I drove 70 mph on a very heavy rain storm one time.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
So they don't slip in the rain? Even my Ziex512's slip in the rain pretty easily.
[/b]

based upon my "new" understanding of tire contact patch, the firmer the tread, the less flexible it will be.
Which means that when the tire comes in contact with not smooth roads the amount of tread in contact with the road is less, lesser than a flexible tread as the flexible tread will flex to accomodate the varying road surface.

Add to it the water and essentially you have a tire that will slip easily in rain if the road is uneven.

·
Registered
949 Posts
ive been looking for some good cheap tires for awhile now. looks like im gonna get a set of these. ive heard a lot of good reviews

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unless you're willing to spend $25 or so more a tire, I doubt you'll find a better tire period. Others here love the Toyo Proxes4's.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've had these tires on my mustang last year and gotta say that it is the best dollar for tire out there. I've also picked up a set for my 6 too !! Wear is excellent..and traction on dry and wet is excellent. And also being made in Germany was a pleasant surprise. :yesnod:

Oh yeah here is some other customer reviews on it:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...ay.jsp?type=UHP

·
Registered
778 Posts
i always recomend these tires to those who want the best bang for your buck...cmon 75~80 bucks a tire...u cant beat that...great grip wed and dry..rode them in all kinds of cars...AWD, RWD, FWD....all feel steady and gripy.... so the best bang for the buck...get these..u wont be disapointed

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still doing great on my wife's wagon. IMO, it's not an all out performance tire, but it's absolutely great for the money.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
i looked @ tire rack and dont see 215/50/17. what size are you using for the exclaim uhp's?[/b]
One of the websites I've visiting in the past day or so has a calculater where you can plus size, either plus ZERO, plus ONE. Which I've interpreted to mean if you plus ZERO, it is relatively the same as the OEM tire. The result I found was to get a 225/45/17 tire.

I am sure there are several tire experts onboard our forum that can confirm or deny my findings.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm only pissed because they don't offer a 245/50/16 for my Trans Am. Check out treadepot dot com, I think they were $70!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have these in 235/40/18 and after 3500 miles all 4 tires have ~8mm of tread left. $400 for 4 tires is great and they perform just as good as a some tires that cost twice as much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts