Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of Smoked LED lights to replace the stock reflectors found on the bottom of the rear bumper. The wiring job will be simple, but the issue is I don't know which color wires are what on the tail light wire harness and for the life of me have not been able to find anything on the internet about the wiring/coloring.

I am looking for the brake light negative wire, tail light positive wire and the brake light positive wire. Has anyone done this in the past? Attached is a picture of what they will look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I did this what seems like ages ago. Try this:unplug the connector from the outer tail light and check the contacts with a circuit tester. Wire accordingly. Profit.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I purchased a set of Smoked LED lights to replace the stock reflectors found on the bottom of the rear bumper. The wiring job will be simple, but the issue is I don't know which color wires are what on the tail light wire harness and for the life of me have not been able to find anything on the internet about the wiring/coloring.

I am looking for the brake light negative wire, tail light positive wire and the brake light positive wire. Has anyone done this in the past? Attached is a picture of what they will look like.

I have been wanting to do this for a very long time.. If you could, let me know how this works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tested the circuits as recommended by GerryB. The tail light positive wire is green/black, the brake light positive is green/yellow and the negative is of course the black wire. I'll update once I have them installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I installed the LED's... Popping out the reflectors was easy to do, just has to squeeze the clip to release them. USE CAUTION putting in the replacement LED lights, mine were made out of cheap plastic and when I clicked them in the clip that holds them in place broke (angry face)... Luckily I was able to work around it. Wires were ran through the floorboard of the trunk. Below are some pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Today I installed the LED's... Popping out the reflectors was easy to do, just has to squeeze the clip to release them. USE CAUTION putting in the replacement LED lights, mine were made out of cheap plastic and when I clicked them in the clip that holds them in place broke (angry face)... Luckily I was able to work around it. Wires were ran through the floorboard of the trunk. Below are some pictures...

Nicely done. I will be ordering a set soon enough, and believe it or not we have the same taillights as well. The black reflectors match well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I was going to say a few days ago, then totally forgot, that you could do yourself a huge favor and seal the seams on these with some clear RTV. Also, where the wires enter the back. I had my first set of these totally full with water on very little time. Repurchase, seal, no problems.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts