Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be just me being a nubie, but does it look like we can't replace the clutch/brake/gas pedals with some aftermarket ones?

Not complaining about the stock ones, but they don't exactly go with the sporty look. Ok, I am complaining - I want some nice shiny polished ones!! :p

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: Replacing pedals?

don't know much about this but since mazda incorporated a system for accidents wich makes pedals go off the way, i don't know if it will be easy to change...

·
Registered
791 Posts

I'd like a larger, higher gas pedal so I can try heel-and-toe downshifting. It's hard to do on the stock pedals.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Replacing pedals?'

I think he is refering the to pedal pads, not the entire assembly.

Like these Pedals except fot LHD

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah, something like those. From what I can see, they appear to be one piece - can't seem to find the mounting holes that would be used for replacement pads (haven't looked to closely though).

·
Registered
128 Posts

Jay, wouldnt those pedals work regardless of RH or LH? I mean the pedals are pedals they are just on the other side of the vehicle. You still have the same pedals. In any event I like them,so where do I get them? And I dont think "Seeing my local Mazda dealer" will cut it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by HI VOLTG

Jay, wouldnt those pedals work regardless of RH or LH?[/b]
The pedals should work (those are only for Automatics) but the dead pedal wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Mojo, you can buy replacement pedal pads online or even at your local area automotive store, like Pep Boys. Just get the kind that have a screw clamp on the back. No drilling required. I've got some on my Accord. They're easy to put on. You may need to take the original pads off first though, because sometimes they're too thick and the replacment pads won't fit over them.

Here's just a couple of the many sites you can get them on.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-n0ToCDGJfWQ/ProdGroup.asp?c=12&s=0&g=101800&cc=01&avf=N

http://www.imotorgear.com/dept.asp?source=&dept_id=2102&source=google-razo-pedal.

But you should try your local Pep Boys too, that way you can try an put them on right in the parking lot if you want.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

yeah thanks AliAL! I was checking some out yesterday and I noticed that some of them were the clamp type. Now I'm just deciding what would set would go good with a yellow on black, 5spd. :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Personally I would sta away from pedals that have yellow in them. To me that looks too riced out.

These are one of my favorites..

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

my sparco grip pedals are comign soon, and my black 6s should be here next week too! So EXCITED!!!!! The car is built but for some reason it's not being delivered... I live in Metro Detroit area, so it should be here! Oh Well, i will let know guys know wat's up and maybe some pics and installation write up, keep in mind the sparco are real pedals not just covers. I think it looks nicer when u look from the side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts