Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am looking to replace my Infotainment unit in my 2016 Mazda 6. The actual install looks fairly easy. But I've seen a few mentions about how only the dealership can "unlock" a unit, or that the anti-theft will brick the car, etc...Anyone have more info on this or can point me in the right direction. Also, if anyone has replaced the touchscreen part only. really the unit is fine but the touchscreen has tiny crack and is separating now. So replacing the touchscreen portion only is an option too. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello. I am looking to replace my Infotainment unit in my 2016 Mazda 6. The actual install looks fairly easy. But I've seen a few mentions about how only the dealership can "unlock" a unit, or that the anti-theft will brick the car, etc...Anyone have more info on this or can point me in the right direction. Also, if anyone has replaced the touchscreen part only. really the unit is fine but the touchscreen has tiny crack and is separating now. So replacing the touchscreen portion only is an option too. Thanks for any help.
Try e-bay for used displays, the CMU actually have a separate drive unit and display, and it seems like you are only trying to deal with the bad screen rather than a bricked CMU (honesty can repair too depending on how it was bricked).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
mirage_i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing