Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like I have some rock damage to that chrome grill trim that runs in a U-shape on the front bumper on my 15. Disappointing to say the least. Looks like the trim is fairly cheap though. Is it just clipped in? Do I need to remove the grill itself? The bumper? Please don't say the bumper. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Hey there Vaca. It looks like removal of the bumper will be necessary, but it's not hard by any means. Vehicle ramps or jackstands are recommended, but not necessary. The bumper comes off in ten to fifteen minutes using flathead and philips head screwdrivers of varying sizes. Disassembly is also a matter of screwdrivers and push clips.

Here's a link to the bumper removal, and bumper disassembly. Best of luck in your endeavors.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Its screwed or snapped to the back of the bumper if I remember correctly.

Easy to get off once you remove the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. Oh well not the end of the world. Is there a better tool to be found than the flathead screw driver? Changed the oil recently and I struggled getting those tabs to pop out. By the end I had chewed them up some. I'd hate to do that all around the bumper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A nylon trim removal kit maybe, but a flathead screwdriver is all you need for most of the plastic rivets. Look for a small indention and put the tip of the driver there to pry the center piece up and once that's removed it should be easy to get the rest out.

If you do happen to break them you can get a 20 pack of them for $5 on Amazon, just look for the rivets under body clips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts