Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OEM Frontal Cat is around 1100 msrp, rear cat is around 800 msrp....buttrape!

Are there any economically sensible aftermarket cats available? What about buying a used set of cats from those who've replaced their headers with CPE's?

BTW when my cats got plugged, the car went into limp mode...was not fun.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dammm thats expensive, you can buy cats for a lit cheaper then that. Did they say why your cats got clogged?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Part of the reason must be the labour as its requires quite a bit of effort to remove the stock exhaust manifold.

For that price though, you should consider getting the CP-E headers and new y-pipe with the race cats. It would probably work out cheaper in the future too if you ever have to replace the cats again.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i know seriously i spent about 1500 on my old cars exhaust and it included headers cats and pipes from kooks, i already had the mufflers though

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those prices are from the parts catlaogue, so labor will be an additional cost. I can order online from one of our forum sponsors at around 30% off MSRP, but it's still a lot.

I live in Cali, so I've had to rule out the CPE header/exhaust combo, especially if the testing facility does a visual inspection...

cats were plugged due to a crapped engine...the honeycomb disintegrated and fouled everything up.

Oh, and wouldn't you know it, according to my warranty manual, the cats are covered up to 80k miles, and my cats died at 81k miles....murphy's law in full effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
vtusaf
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing