Mazda 6 Forums banner

Replacement radiator hose kit anyone?

653 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CrazyEye 
#1 ·
I’m in the middle of changing out the T connector in the thermostat housing to a brass fitting and throttle body coolant delete but removing the thermostat I noticed that some of my hoses are very soft and the T connector wasn’t leaking at all and it is actually the big hose that goes from the T to the heater core, it’s leaking through the threads of the hose (I didn’t even know that was possible). So I decided It would be a good idea to completely change all the hoses for the radiator, I live in Las Vegas and seeing temps as high as 114 isn’t uncommon, I would really hate for my hoses to blow up or collapse. I really don’t want to put plane Jane black hoses and was curious if anyone knew where I could find a complete colored(red, blue, green, any color really) hose kit for the 3.0L. There are options for the 2.3L of course but I cannot find anything at all which leads me here pleading for assistance on where I could grab myself a kit. Im losing my mind searching.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle

I took this picture after I loosened the metal band.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have never seen a "colored hose kit" for this car.
If you need bling, the best bet would to probably go with a "universal" steel braid kit and cut to fit. It is the only way I can think of to get the formed hoses a different color than rubber.
🤷🏻‍♂️

It's not worth loosing your mind over... they're just hoses. 🤪

#3 ·
I was thinking the same thing but I just said screw it and got some black continental hoses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.