Mazda 6 Forums banner

Replacement Clutch Recommendations

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  trickdout6 
#1 ·
So my stock clutch started to slip about 5k miles ago at about 51000 miles. Im not looking for a performance clutch, but i dont want to get the same clutch as i have in there cuz its crap. Anyone have any recommendations on which OEM clutch to get? I was looking at the Exedy clutch, i found it on a site for 250... If anyone has any recommendations let me know.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Thanks for the tip. Im probably gonna go with that one. The stock one has given my problems since i got it and Mazda never wanted to replace it. And im no longer gonna mod my car so i figure an OEM clutch will do more than plenty. So thanks for the tip.

#7 ·
I am also considering the Exedy clutch product line. What I need to know is whether the OEM or Stage 1 variation is more suitable for my needs. Desireable attributes include increased sportiness without compromising driveability, longevity, or getting any more of that horrible clutch chatter issue. Good pedal feel helps too.

What are some of the differences that can be expected between the Exedy OEM and Exedy Stage 1 clutches?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.