Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a 2006 Mazda 6 Manual Transmission. I took my car in to a Mazda Dealer Service Center regularly for service and most oil changes. With approx. 400 miles left before my 6 hit 50K miles, I took it in for a warranty check up, and 50k mile check up. I was charged 150+/-. Less than 5 days later, and a long weekend from DC to Cape Cod, I surpassed the 50K mile mark, and experienced HELL! My car was leaking oil (transmission fluid). I was told that I would need a new Rear Main Seal ($1300) and that Mazda would'nt be responsible (regardless of the fact that I had just been in for service... they didn't care). Eventually I worked out that Mazda USA would pay $500, the dealership would pay $400 and I would pay $400 to fix the issue.

Once the car was in the shop, and out of my control, I was informed that they misdiagnosed the problem, and in fact I WOULD NEED A NEW TRANSMISSION!!! This was going to cost $4800. Mazda, and the Dealership renegged on their previous commitment to help with the cost, and I was left to foot the bill.

I decided to opt for the reconditioned Transmission which came out of a 23K mile used - rear-end wreck, and in the end Parts and Labor cost $2900. This car was in for service under warranty, and is now 600 miles over warranty a week later and MAZDA will not DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!

As a family who has been the owners of 6 different Mazdas ranging from the 89MPV & 97MPV's, an 04Mazda3 and 08Mazdaspeed3 to an 09CX-7 and my 2006Mazda6, you would expect LOYALTY to go both ways. However, Mazda has proven that they no longer wish to have my business. I guess they only respect customers who have purchased 10, 20, 40 cars in the past?

If you Own a Mazda6, you probably think its a great car, I did until last week. Now I just wish I had sold it under warranty.

MAZDA - PLEASE TRY TO WIN ME BACK. DO THE RIGHT THING, HELP BY HONORING THE WARRANTY - AND SERVICE YOU PERFORMED LAST WEEK, AND WE CAN KEEP THIS THING GOING FOR YEARS TO COME...... BUT THE WINDOW IS CLOSING.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad luck man..... But, if they did it for you, they would have to do it for everybody. The warranty has a mile limit on it for a reason.
Personally, I would have taken it out of their shop and gone to a mechanic you trust. Well, if it was me, i would have diagnosed it myself. But, don't leave it to the dealership! From what I read, if the car was driving fine when you took it there, nothing was ever wrong with the transaxle. Just an oil leak, and they screwed you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Tiefy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing