Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is for 2017 - 2018 model. I think the procedure for removing​ the side mirror assembly is the same for almost all brand and model as long as it is the electric folding type.

Position the mirror like this and pry it out carefully using a flat screwdriver.

You should be prying it out on this spot.

To be on the safe side, remove the negative terminal of the battery. You won't be needing power at this moment.

You need to remove the cover.

For you to do it, you have to push / pry the clips starting from this position and moving next to it one by one until you remove it entirely.

Remove the wiring connection.

This time, remove the inner door panel. Disconnect all connections​. Take note that there are two screws holding the door panel, one on the locking mechanism (covered) and the other one on the door handle which is also covered.

You might want to remove the speaker for easy access of the wire for the side mirror. Take out the large white plastic cover that is across the side mirror located at the upper right hand corner of the picture.

From there, you should see the screws holding the side mirror assembly. Take out those screws.

That's it, you are done! Replace the assembly with the new one and put it back the way you removed​ it. Just be cautious when you are snapping back the mirror.

I apologize as the pictures are not taken "real time". I even forgot when you are to remove the lower cover. I believe that whoever will be doing this should be able to figure it out.

To our moderators @Mz6GreyGhost and @Byakuya: Please edit the title and/or move this thread to the appropriate one if I made a mistake.

·
Super Moderator
17,092 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts