Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things about my job is getting to drive newer vehicles all the time, but I'm usually stuck in Cobalts and Neons. So imagine my surprise when Enterprise was out of Cobalts and offered me a Rav4 instead. Cool, I've never had one of those.

Its a 4x4 base 4 cyl. Much more comfortable than a Corolla. I can acutally assume a normal driving position. Handles like most car-based suvs, confident, but not inspiring. The engine is what you'd expect of a modern car, fairly quiet, smooth, but buzzy compared to the 6i. Linear power out of 4 cylinders, and again I'm finding out why I have a mtx in my driveway at home. The interior is a good mix of plastics and fabric, but the design is not for everyone. Busy, but useful. The EL gauges are pretty nice. I'm still not crazy about the shifter design, it seems every time I shift to drive I accidentally select '3', kinda like accidentally selecting manumatic mode in atx 6's. One thing I am surprised about is that my 6 seems to have an edge in build quality, meaning the interior plastics, doors and such, feel more solid. The grade of materials is similar.

Overall, its what you'd expect of a Toyota, a quality piece that does what you want, nothing to complain about, nothing to rave about.

·
Registered
826 Posts
short and sweet.

My pops was considering a rav-4 but went with the 4 runner. Its nice inside however, theres no thrill driving it. It just moves you from a to b.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts