Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my speed is at the dealer to get a couple seals replaced under warranty, sooo.......i have a regular 2010 4 bagger 6 for a rental. AND IT SUCKS!!!! in all honsty these cars don't even seem to be from the same platform, not even remotely similar. the 2010's nose feels completely disconnected from its ass in every turn, not even pushing the car at all it just feels unsettled. and NO BALLS, i honestly wasn't expecting much, but damn what i got was even less. this thing has no acceleration at all :eek: none! the tranny does shift smooth, i'll give it that much, but the bumb shift manumatic modes leave something to be desired IMO. and the interior, WOW, crap. who thought it was a good idea to put a zerbra skinnish print on the seats? were they really going for the "i'm gay, but subtle" look? how does mazda sell these things? I have complaints about the stock bose stereo in my MPS but damn the stock radio in the rental is a joke, layout and sound are just bad.

okay, i'm done now. after having the car for 24 hours i can't wait to get my baby back!

P.S. incase you missed it, I HATE THIS CAR!

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
As far as the power goes.. your MS6 has about 100whp more... lol what were you expecting?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
did you really expect more from a rental car, that was fwd, 100+ less hp and i'd imagine about 150 less tq where you are used to having it?

just sayin, though not all to many yet, there are a lot of members here with that model, and they love their cars

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i was not expecting it to keep up, nor was i expecting it to put a smile on my face, but i was expecting toned down version of what i left at the dealer. it just isn't there. for some, these cars i guess do extactly what they want, get them from A to B reliably, its just not for me. Was I harsh on my first post, yeah probably, sorry not trying to offend anyone who absolutely loves this car. but......thankyou mazda for taking something I would never be able to even fathom owning and turn it into something that I don't ever want to part with.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What I'm curious about is 1st gen vs 2nd gen Mazda 6. 4 cyl compared to 4 cyl and V6 vs V6.

I've owned many Mazdas since the late 80s and it seems to that Mazda does very well with brand new platforms like the 1st gen Mazda 6 but screw up on the refresh like the 2nd gen Mazda 6. Usually they make the car bigger, heavier but don't update the powertrains so less zoom zoom.

Other examples...
Mazda 626 83-87 (good) vs Mazda 626 88-92 (bad)
Mazda 626 92-97 (okay) vs Mazda 626 98-02 (bad)
Mazda 323 89-94 (good) vs Mazda 323 94-98 (bad)

I do agree that the styling of the new Mazda 6 is a little off and the interior is terrible. It seems that the designers forgot all they learned from designing the 1st gen. Sometimes designers have to do something different and they end up with something different and worse.

Makes you appreciate the Speed 6 even more.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
It's a fucking rental. Why don't you drive a GT-R and then see how you feel about your MS6?
Glad you love your car so much, though. Where's that "What I like about my MS6" thread? You should post there. Lol!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
You don't know what you had until you've lost it, as the saying goes.
This shit ring true for me every weekend.

I drive a 3/4 ton diesel Ford all week. Then I get into the Mazda and I'm like :eek:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Chip that bad boy then you'll be like :( when you get in the MS6. My pop's 08 F350 is laying down about 550hp/1150tq TO THE WHEELS after he got it Spartan tuned. Granted you can't corner in it like you can the MS6, but you can drift it like nobody's business lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
^^^^ this, my 99 f350 was a baaad mother, would drift like crazy leavin white smoke on bottom and black on top (had the banks 6gun and a lotta not well thought out drunk mods) even with 12" lift and 43" swamppers, gotta love the redneck stacks, even had bull horns on the hood for awhile..
*done thread jacking*
mazda def. lost something with the 2nd gen. not sure what it is, but i dont much like the head lights, or tails, the whole body seams to big for what it was....

Attachments

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
LMAO! You guys are outta control. I don't think the owner of the company would be too thrilled with me hot rodding his service truck. Lawl!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts