Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
A quick search comes up with this...here. I am also pondering an exhaust system though a Magnaflow. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know. I did search already. Just wanted to see if anybody has an updated opinion or whatever... I'm not too sure about the Magnaflow. Are the tips round or oval (i.e. will fit our bumper exhaust openning)?

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Yeah, I know. I did search already. Just wanted to see if anybody has an updated opinion or whatever... I'm not too sure about the Magnaflow. Are the tips round or oval (i.e. will fit our bumper exhaust openning)?
They are round, but if adjusted right they do fit in the oval exhaust openings. I have had the MF system for a little over a year now, and it has been great. I am not getting any melting, and the sound is awesome. Quiet at cruising speeds, little drone, but it has a very throaty sound when you lay into the throttle.

Here is a picture of muh car with the MF exhaust:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nah, the Mags have circular tips. If they aren't aligned perfectly they will rattle against the plastic. I've had at least a 1/4 in. of my passenger side melted off. It got so bad when the car was at idle the tip would rattle the whole bumper until it would creak. It all went away when I installed my SU Stiff Diff mount. Weird, I know, but whatever made it stop. You can always chop them and keep the stock tips. Still I love my Mags with my test pipe. Not too loud, but not too mellow. Plus it looks :boobs: when the tips are polished up.

EDIT: MicaB beat me to it, lol!

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Nah, the Mags have circular tips. If they aren't aligned perfectly they will rattle against the plastic. I've had at least a 1/4 in. of my passenger side melted off. It got so bad when the car was at idle the tip would rattle the whole bumper until it would creak. It all went away when I installed my SU Stiff Diff mount. Weird, I know, but whatever made it stop. You can always chop them and keep the stock tips. Still I love my Mags with my test pipe. Not too loud, but not too mellow. Plus it looks :boobs: when the tips are polished up.
Yeh. The alignment of the tips takes forever to get it just right. And what's worse is I am still on the OE hangers. With the CS hangers I hear its much easier to align/keep aligned.

Reactions: AtTheDriveIn

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
The CS system is ovaled. It also sounds better than the Magnaflows, IMO. Alot of people have had trouble keeping the CS from rattling in places. But, don't tell Forzda that, cause he will shit in your pants.
But, the CS system is >3". Isn't the Magnaflows smaller diameter?

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
The CS system is ovaled. It also sounds better than the Magnaflows, IMO. Alot of people have had trouble keeping the CS from rattling in places. But, don't tell Forzda that, cause he will shit in your pants.
But, the CS system is >3". Isn't the Magnaflows smaller diameter?
Yea, the MF is 2.5". That really helps with the drone. The CS definitely sounds better, but is also a lot more droney.

Reactions: IHeartGroceries

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Reactions: IHeartGroceries

·
Registered
86 Posts
streetunit.com

ghl ss 3 inch cat back with resonator. no drone period. even catless. sounds great.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Im switching from my cpe dual to something...thinking of just going back go stock catback, but need a drivers side rear muffler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts