Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked in the stickys, but they say nothing about removing the front bumper :( I kind of need to know in order to install HIDs on my car :(
Also, what type of K should i get for my lights? my friends are saying 8000k

·
Registered
211 Posts
8K and you won't be able to see at night, or in th rain, or fog, or any other time you need headlights, I have 6K and like them but If i had to do it again I would probably do 5k. I put them in my girls mazda 3 and I like those, but the 6k do look good with the Lapis.

I would NEVER go any more than 6k.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
8K and you won't be able to see at night, or in th rain, or fog, or any other time you need headlights,
That's a bold statement.

I'm running dual (low beams and integrated fogs) 8K HIDs and I can see soooo much better than I could with the stock halogens. Yes, the 8K (and even the 6K) will have lower light outputs than 5K or even 4,300K but it'll still be leaps and bounds better than what you are used to.

I wouldn't go any higher than 8K..but within the 4-8K range, the temperature you select should simply be determined by whether your willing to trade off light output for blue hue.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Two bolts under the bumper, towards the middle. 4 screws for the fender liners on each side under the bumper. 3 pop-tabs on each side for the fender liners (the ones towards the front of the car). Then pull the fender liner back and there's one screw pointing up connecting the bumper to the fender on each side. Two screws and two pop-tabs where the grill is, and the whole thing comes off by gently pulling.

EDIT: DIY: How To Remove Your Bumper 03-08

1 - 5 of 5 Posts