Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how the fridge do you get these bastards out? I tried prying, and trying to push the hook in but I cant get them out.

would going through the wheel well be easier? I'm trying to put in the clear ones from ebay

PS I searched and all that came up was the sticky on how to make the side markers turn signals with $hitty pics

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
One step I would do differently than the link above is to undo the bulb plug AFTER you pop the side marker out. There is not much room to work in there. After the marker is poped, you can extend it a couple inches and easily get to the plug. Then take the clear marker and attach the plug before snapping it into the bumper. This is how I did it and it works great.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just installed them a couple days ago... I undid a couple of those plastic bolt things in the wheel well as well to get to it from the side, then pushed as was pictured in that thread, just from the side... it was easier for me that way.

Red 6 is right about popping the bulb socket out after u pop out the housing.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i tried to do without taking the bumper off, after 30 min no sucess because of the CAI filter.

finally took off the bumper it took me 20 min...

should have done that from the begining

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no you do not need to remove the bumper, i got it after reading the tread only by removing the 4 screws from the underside on each side of the car

thats all you need thanks for the help zzzzzoom6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
MS686
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing