Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's the right place to post but I couldn't find anyone did it or maybe it never been neccessary.

However, in my case, I just have to because I got a dent around the brake light on the trunk when I back into my garage with the hatchback opened last night. Yea, I know it's stupid but I was so tired after a few hours of driving at midnight. After unloading my stuffs, I was like dead tired but still I needed to repair my garage rail and beams until 5 in the morning since they were bent. I'm glad that the whole garage door didn't fall off to my car with one wheel got off the rail...

Fortunately, I didn't got any major damage in the paint, as I just scratched my brake light lamp and the flying M emblem. I doubt I will need to spray paint it. Refill the little dent down to the metal, apply primer, touch it up, sand it and then a good polish should be fine. Anyway, the big problem is the concaved metal, I need to get it back to good shape...other than that I could actually DIY.
Also, any idea on how much could it be to get it repaired professionally?

Here, not just the tail covers but the entire piece...

Here's the damage... :tear:

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
looks like a pro job.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
The plastic cover comes off easily. Its all pop-snaps once you take out the handle indent on the inside passenger-side on the hatch. Watch for the pillars that are attached, you should be VERY careful when removing them. They hook into the main piece, and those hooks will break if you force them too hard. HOwever, to properly repair it, I think it should be done professionally.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The plastic cover comes off easily. Its all pop-snaps once you take out the handle indent on the inside passenger-side on the hatch. Watch for the pillars that are attached, you should be VERY careful when removing them. They hook into the main piece, and those hooks will break if you force them too hard. HOwever, to properly repair it, I think it should be done professionally.
[/b]
I'm not sure which part u're refering to, can you please elaborate a bit?

handle indent - #?
pillars and hooks - maybe #1?

I'll definitely take my car to the shop but however I need the car for school til december. It sucks cuz I'm leaving out of town for university so I can't steal the cars from my parents...Anyway, I refilled the paint damage today so that I don't have to worry about rusting since I have to park the car outdoor everyday...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts