Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i was switching out light bulbs earlier and i know i was supposed to remove the negative wire and i really felt bad that i didn't and hoped nothing would happen that dealt with the battery. Anyways, i couldn't remove it so i went ahead and changed the lightbulbs out but i made sure everything else was off. But i am still wondering how i would remove the wire form the battery. I saw a nut there i could turn but it wouldn't budge and i didn't want to deform the bolt/nut so i just gave up. Should i get a copper brush and brush it up a little to remove the residue around the wire (its a new car but there is a little white powder)? Then get some pliers? or another tool? and take off the bolt? And when its loose enough slide it off the battery thing. Tell me if i have the steps right, or if the connection is made to where you can just use pliers to pull off the wire from the battery. Thanks

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
10mm deep well socket is what I use. the white stuff of the terminal I don't get around here, but I don't live near salt water

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
yea, I think it's 10 mm socket or wrench. Just loosen the nut and you can slide the connector off the battery.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mine was a pain to get off the first time, so when I put it back on, I tightened it but not as tight as it was originally. It's tight enough to stay on and not budge, but I don't have to throw out my shoulder getting it off anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts