Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i am just curious if it would be possible to remove the "Mazda6" Inscription on the boot without destroying the car body or painting ?

I try to order it without the inscription but every dealer keeps telling me that it is impossible, but i mean whats so difficult to tell the factory to produce one boot lid without the inscription on it ?

thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
Reading Topic: Removing inscription

bah... u dont need to spray any chemical stuff on the badge ..
it's as easy as pealing off a sticker... make sure u do it slow and dont break the badge ...

debadge when u just got ur car is the best time to do it ... no dust marks around the badge so when u remove it u cant see the difference ... after remove just apply abit of wax on that area ...
perfect!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Removing inscription

Ok, thanks for all the replies ! that sounds easy and so i will try it by myself... another question: anyone got pics of a debagded Mazda6 boot lid ?

i am curious how it would look like, my imagination is bad with this car because i am so blindfolded by this car :)

greetings

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts

after reading this post i gave it a try with some goo gone and floss. went through quite a bit of floss, kept ripping on the corners, but still only took about 15 min. can't even tell anything was there, very clean look now.

·
Registered
231 Posts

i went ahead and de-badged the car yesterday, as per whodiddy's instructions. i took off the "mazda," "6" and "v6" badges. it was fast & easy.

i'm thinking about removing the door protecters now. if so, whodiddy's car is going to have a west coast twin! :)

by the way - i'm *thinking* of removing the rear "m" emblem (the one in the top center of the trunk). does anyone know if this badge is riveted on? i think it would be cool to have *no* badges at all on the car. as soon as i see a sport grille with no emblem on it (i'm sure there's one out there somewhere); i'm getting that.

why no badges?

because i LOVE getting the question, "what IS that?" :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by soulbelly
by the way - i'm *thinking* of removing the rear "m" emblem (the one in the top center of the trunk).  does anyone know if this badge is riveted on?  [/b]
It's not riveted. There are alignment holes however. Two little plaxtic pegs that stick out the rear of the emblem and align the emblem straight on the car.

·
Registered
303 Posts

i went ahead and de-badged the car yesterday, as per whodiddy's instructions. i took off the "mazda," "6" and "v6" badges.  it was fast & easy.

i'm thinking about removing the door protecters now.  if so, whodiddy's car is going to have a west coast twin! :)

by the way - i'm *thinking* of removing the rear "m" emblem (the one in the top center of the trunk).  does anyone know if this badge is riveted on?  i think it would be cool to have *no* badges at all on the car.  as soon as i see a  sport grille with no emblem on it (i'm sure there's one out there somewhere); i'm getting that.  

why no badges?

because i LOVE getting the question, "what IS that?"  :)[/b]
Can i have your "v6" badge? or if you want to sell it i can buy it from you..I like car with badge =)

·
Registered
231 Posts

Originally posted by masteryang

i went ahead and de-badged the car yesterday, as per whodiddy's instructions. i took off the "mazda," "6" and "v6" badges.  it was fast & easy.

i'm thinking about removing the door protecters now.  if so, whodiddy's car is going to have a west coast twin! :)

by the way - i'm *thinking* of removing the rear "m" emblem (the one in the top center of the trunk).  does anyone know if this badge is riveted on?  i think it would be cool to have *no* badges at all on the car.  as soon as i see a  sport grille with no emblem on it (i'm sure there's one out there somewhere); i'm getting that.  

why no badges?

because i LOVE getting the question, "what IS that?"  :)[/b]
Can i have your "v6" badge? or if you want to sell it i can buy it from you..I like car with badge =)[/b][/quote]

unfortunately, unlike the "mazda" and "6" badges, the "v6" badges are not made of hard plastic, and they tore as i was removing them. they reminded me of those "puffy" stickers i had on my notebooks as a kid. sorry!

·
Registered
108 Posts

I didn't read this thread until today. I took off the "flying M" badge on the back and now have 2 holes in the trunk (due to the pegs from the emblem). What is the best suggested way to get rid of these holes?

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by marchhare

I didn't read this thread until today.  I took off the "flying M" badge on the back and now have 2 holes in the trunk (due to the pegs from the emblem).  What is the best suggested way to get rid of these holes?[/b]
Bodyshop time :(
if you want it done right

·
Registered
108 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Removing inscription

and if I just want them covered? Plaster them in somehow and then use touch-up paint, maybe?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Removing inscription

Ouch! That hurts!

Do you guys think that this sort of mod would hurt resale value? I suppose if you break one, you could always get a replacement. What if I didn't like and wanted to put it back on? What kind of glue would you suggest? I would want to do it all properly.

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by marchhare

and if I just want them covered?  Plaster them in somehow and then use touch-up paint, maybe?[/b]
I would try to find some plastic plugs and paint the plugs then stick them back in

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by GreenNuggs

Ouch! That hurts!

Do you guys think that this sort of mod would hurt resale value?  I suppose if you break one, you could always get a replacement.  What if I didn't like and wanted to put it back on? What kind of glue would you suggest?  I would want to do it all properly.[/b]
Well I guess I would go oem then and try to replace it that way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts