Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has this large, obnoxious "SOUTH" (as in Mazdasouth Austin) in all caps right under the speed6 logo. I want to get it off, but don't own a heat gun to loosen the glue. Was thinking - don't laugh - that a hairdryer on high might have the same effect. But before I melt or otherwise ruin the paint (how hot is a hairdryer vs. a heat gun?) or end up permanently affixing the badge to my car, wanted to see if anyone's done this and knows that it will work. It seems logical, but what would the neighbors think???? -- "that boy's hairdrying his car, must be drunk!" ;)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Try floss or, if you have room, an old credit card. Works great. I didn't have to use heat (plus you're in Texas...it's hot enough after a short drive!).

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
You should have asked for them to remove it before you drove off the lot with it.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hairdryers work perfectly along with floss. That's how I removed the badges on my 6 along with the door guards.
[/b]

Try floss or, if you have room, an old credit card. Works great. I didn't have to use heat (plus you're in Texas...it's hot enough after a short drive!).
[/b]
Thanks guys, this is perfect, wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger, appreciate it! You wouldn't happen to know if you can remove the Mazda symbol in the center of the truck lid, too? I'd like to if possible, but that seems hooked on differently...

·
Registered
651 Posts
You wouldn't happen to know if you can remove the Mazda symbol in the center of the truck lid, too? I'd like to if possible, but that seems hooked on differently...
[/b]
They drill holes for the mazda logo...sucks, huh? If you got someone to patch and paint...go for it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The logo on the trunk is mounted differently. If you remove it, you'll have holes. There's a thread about it somewhere. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Put a BMW logo where the old Mazda logo was, the chicks dig it.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
was actually thinking a Ferrari Prancing Stallion - hehe

JUST KIDDING - thanks for the input guys- time for a cold one, and hairdryer and some dental floss...

LOL repeating that outloud just creeped me out :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hair dryer will work. It's not going to put anymore heat on your car that the Texas summer did.
[/b]
Did...you mean does. It's still freakin' hot! :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Removing the dealer badges was my first mod to the car.

I figure that unless I get some cash for it, I won't be driving my car around advertising for the dealer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
also use goo gone to remove tape residue.

[/b]
+1.
I told my sales rep that I would keep it on if they pay me $500.00 a month to advertise them.
I took off the dealer name before I drove it off the lot... :laugh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took both the Mazdaspeed 6 badge and the huge obnoxious dealer badge off with floss and soap and water. No heat needed. It took about 20 minutes to do both.

Oh and Hook 'EM to 4wdfun ... 36 hours or so till on I get on the plane to Austin to check out some foozball event everyone seems to be all excited about.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took both the Mazdaspeed 6 badge and the huge obnoxious dealer badge off with floss and soap and water. No heat needed. It took about 20 minutes to do both.

Oh and Hook 'EM to 4wdfun ... 36 hours or so till on I get on the plane to Austin to check out some foozball event everyone seems to be all excited about.
[/b]

Go horns baby. You have tix? I didn't spend the $$$, will watch in HD at the house. #1 and #2, matchu for the ages!!!

Not sure if you heard, but our starting CB got nailed with a gun and pot Monday night...not good! What is it about football players (even college) that makes them think they need a gun, in Austin of all places -- gees

Go Horns!

·
Registered
176 Posts

I figure that unless I get some cash for it, I won't be driving my car around advertising for the dealer.
[/b]
My dealer uses a license plate frame to badge. leaves me with an easy choice to keep it or get something different. Because they give me great service, and lean in my favor on warranty work, I usually keep their frame on the car for a while. Don't we wish they all gave us this choice?

·
Registered
215 Posts
My car has this large, obnoxious "SOUTH" (as in Mazdasouth Austin) in all caps right under the speed6 logo. I want to get it off, but don't own a heat gun to loosen the glue. Was thinking - don't laugh - that a hairdryer on high might have the same effect. But before I melt or otherwise ruin the paint (how hot is a hairdryer vs. a heat gun?) or end up permanently affixing the badge to my car, wanted to see if anyone's done this and knows that it will work. It seems logical, but what would the neighbors think???? -- "that boy's hairdrying his car, must be drunk!" ;)

Thanks in advance
[/b]

i got mine from mazdasouth as well, but it didnt have the SOUTH under the mazdaspeed6 badge. good thing too, cause i'm not down with free advertisement...haha.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, took off both the SOUTH and the 6. Am thinking I may take off the Mazdaspeed logo, too. Before I do wanted to get everyone's opinion, better or worse with Mazdaspeed or no badging at all? I'm split...

BTW the South badge was 3x as hard to remove as the 6 from the factory, those dealers must REALLY not want you to remove their free advertising!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts