Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pretty big patch of black bondo stuck to my bumper right now, just wondering what I could apply to it to help me remove it. I've been told to sand it off, but I don't exactly feel safe doing that without damaging the paint. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
has it dried or is it still wet. you may want to try a clay bar if that dosent work you will have to probably sand it off or take it to a pro to have him take care of it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a pretty big patch of black bondo stuck to my bumper right now, just wondering what I could apply to it to help me remove it. I've been told to sand it off, but I don't exactly feel safe doing that without damaging the paint. Any ideas?[/b]
how did you get bondo stuck to your bumper? and especially black.. usually after the hardner is mixed in its light red or silver/white depending on it. a clay bar will not take off bondo. it will have to be sanded off. i went to school for auto body and do it as a hobby at home to a car im restoring along with my dad. your only hope is that its on over the paint, and then it may not stick very long cause bondo is meant to go on either raw metal or plastic (like your bumper w/o paint on it) but even then it may take off the paint with it. usually bondo is finish sanded with either a middle-high 200 grit paper or a low 300 grit, either way that is WAY to rough for any kind of paint to not get scratched. and thats just the finish sanding. to knock it down they usually use like 80 grit if its a small spot. sorry to say this, but your in a pretty tough spot to get out spot-free

1 - 3 of 3 Posts