Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 2 years of flossing and removing adhiesive resedue, i'm done! i will post BETTER pix late FRIDAY when i do a nice nice wash to my baby.:hoho

it's looks so fukin sweet too!!! it's worth the years 2 do it.

here's my dirty baby.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Removed Door Protectors

Then your car must be a pre-production car :D Sure it's not a rebadged 626 with a new bonnet? :p

·
Registered
262 Posts

They're those little plastic strips that run along the side of the car to "protect" the car from dings and dents.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Removed Door Protectors'

aka rubber mouldings??????

i bout to put these on this weekend...i check ur pics....whodiddy and i dont' see them....

·
Registered
262 Posts

They're either rubber or plastic. The ones on my car are plastic (cuz my car is cheap).

As for whodiddy's pics, the reason you don't see them is because he hasn't posted them yet. He said in his 1st post that he'll post'em tomorrow (Friday).

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Very nice! I think the removal makes the car look that much more smooth!!!!

I just hope you don't park anywhere where someone could whack their car door into yours!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Damnit, Whodiddy! Get those Eibachs! I'm dying to see how the car will look with 'em! :)

·
Registered
510 Posts

Looks Good !

I wouldn't be game enough to take them off my 6, someone would bump into the doors straightaway........

& Unfortunately I have to park my Car in underground Basement work & shopping car parks etc... THe idiot parked next to you is always a possible risk..

·
Registered
388 Posts

i thought that the door protectors were screwed in and not glued on? wasn't it talked about a while back on the boards?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

yep. there's adheisive on the other side and is a bitch to get off.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Did you use the goo-b-gone and dental floss method? Sounds like the hard part was removing the glue residue. Hey, I made a rhyme!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Removed Door Protectors'

Originally posted by Blackbird

Then your car must be a pre-production car :D Sure it's not a rebadged 626 with a new bonnet? :p[/b]
What's a bonnet? I've never heard that term when talking about cars.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Removed Door Protectors'

It's what Brits call the "hood." Means the same thing, only it's a little gayer. :) (Not that there's anything wrong with that... Being gay or British, that is.)

They also call the trunk the "boot."

And they call Accord buyers "Barmy." :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

:) I mix up english and american terms sometimes :) You speak the same freaking langues :D Why not use the same words also?! :D Americans always trying to be specal :D :D

Though I must admit hood is easier to spell. But then it could be mistaken for a place where your homies live :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

The same thing could be said about the Aussies. They don't use the same terms as the english, do they? I know they don't use the same terms as us. ;)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

But there is a difference - they are all farmers, your not :D You know how farmers talk...

Just joking :) Aussis are nice peeps!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts