Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how or even if the clear cover on the tail light housing can be removed? One of my brake light red covers came loose and I need to figure out how to get to it so I can tighten it(for inspection). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have my OEM passenger side tail light assembly in my hands now and the red outer shell looks permanently attached to the housing and very flush on the edges. Also remember the red reflector plastic is VERY fragile. They are very easy to crack if you try prying it off. Hence the invention of that nifty red tape you see in auto parts stores.

If your saying the outer red shell of your tailight assembly came loose, meaning off the housing, Id love to know how that happened,lol. This thing is on here effin good.

B

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the piece I'm talking about. It is inside the housing; the clear red piece for the brake light

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ahhh I see. The inner reflector shell. Sorry that idk how to get to since the outer shell is on the housing so well. And I wanna keep my stocks in perfect shape if I ever need them or else Id tear em apart. They must use some kinda adhesive or a very good fitting, soemting to keep the housing and outer shell together. Hard to imagine plastic so fragile, in and out that its fitted. Good luck though

B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts