Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I finally got my answer from Mazda.

I don't know how everyone else has been getting their headrests out, but in my car they are not meant to wiggle out by just pressing the button and raising them up. You also need to insert a paper clip sized tool into a hole in the clip on the OTHER shaft (not the side with the button) to remove the headrests.

Thought I'd share this in case anyone else was having the same problem.

Success at last!!! :drive:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mista,

My previous post has the solution. Raise the headrest as high as you can by depressing the button on the clip, and then put a paper clip size device in the small hole on the other shaft, not the side that has button you can press. The headrests come right out.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
124 Posts

I don't know how everyone else has been getting their headrests out, but in my car they are not meant to wiggle out by just pressing the button and raising them up. You also need to insert a paper clip sized tool into a hole in the clip on the OTHER shaft (not the side with the button) to remove the headrests.

[/b]
Cool thanks for the info, i also didnt know how to get it off.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Yea, thanks!

Love this forum. :)

Bought some neat seat covers for my 6 SportWagon and need to remove front headrests for install - backs came off easily.

Will try the paperclip.

Regards,
Doak

·
Registered
73 Posts
11 years later, and the thread keeps on giving. I was worried I wasn't going to get the seat covers I was talking myself into....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let me make this really easy for y'all. I had the same problem. There is a pinhole at the base of your headrest on the little plastic piece. Push a pin or small nail into the hole, the headrest pops right off 🙃🙂

·
Registered
576 Posts
Let me make this really easy for y'all. I had the same problem. There is a pinhole at the base of your headrest on the little plastic piece. Push a pin or small nail into the hole, the headrest pops right off 🙃🙂
As it was said on post #21 back in Oct 19, 2006.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts