Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the front seat headrests? I figured they would just slide off, but mine lock out and will not come off.

Help!

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I depress that button, which allows me to adjust the headrest, but it does not allow me to completely pull the head rest off. It locks out at the top. :(

Tony

·
Registered
979 Posts
Push it and hold it in while you pull it out

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

I've really yanked on it, but it still doesn't come out. I don't mind giving it hell, but I don't want to break anything.

Is it pretty safe???

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know you guys probably think I'm an idiot, but I really cannot get these off.

If I ever do get them off, are there places that make replacement headrests? My issue is that I'm pretty short, and

A) The headrest pushes my head forward, and

B) I can't see over the headrest when I turn around to see behind me when I'm backing up.

Thanks again!

Tony

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I know you guys probably think I'm an idiot, but I really cannot get these off.

If I ever do get them off, are there places that make replacement headrests? My issue is that I'm pretty short, and

A) The headrest pushes my head forward, and

B) I can't see over the headrest when I turn around to see behind me when I'm backing up.

Thanks again!

Tony
[/b]
damn, How tall are you? Mine come right out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn, How tall are you? Mine come right out. [/b]
I'm 5'5". lol....

And they will not come out. I'm pretty strong, so I don't know what the heck is going on. Could it be something new on the 6s, or maybe something is wrong with mine?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm 5'5". lol....

And they will not come out. I'm pretty strong, so I don't know what the heck is going on. Could it be something new on the 6s, or maybe something is wrong with mine?
[/b]
Damn, my wife is only 5'1" and they don't seem to bother her.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Position the headrest higher than you normally think is right. It then will not push you head forward, but cup it in very nicely supportive manner.

I had the same initial complaint with the headrests (though mine do come out, I was going to try reversing it). Then I raised it higher, and all is comfy. I'm 6'2", but also drive with the seatback at only a slight angle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Diva.

Those are some good ideas. I'll give that a try.

I'm also interested in why you're a Camry hater. When I bought my 6, my final decision came down between the 6 and a Camry. So, any negative input you have on the Camry will help me feel better about my decision. ;)

Thanks!

Tony

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
How about the brand new 2007 Camry I saw broken down getting hauled onto a flatbed?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts