Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOes anyone know how? I need to get in there for a peek at some rattles.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Have the dealer do it, dont risk setting it off and getting punched in the face trying to do it yourself

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
DOes anyone know how? I need to get in there for a peek at some rattles.
[/b]
Ask the dealer, not to mention, if you mess something up, you might not only be facing issues with the dealer, but your insurance company. Any kind of rattles should still be covered under warranty, you just have to push the dealer to fix it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been in 4 times for the rattle. You can't have it explode. It's just a cover. It blows through the cover. Just have to made sure I don't have any ESD....

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Thought for some reason that the cover was part of the airbag housing, and that you install it as a package.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
if you're referring to the steering wheel air bag, it's all one assembly held with a couple screws from the back that can be accessed by turning the wheel from and feeling from behind.

that said, i wouldn't mess with it either. if you assume the risk, first disconnect the battery before fiddling around. once everything is all reconnected, let the car sit with the battery disconneted for at least 15 minutes. i used to work as a pro installer and had to disconnect air bags from time to time. i always felt like i was defusing a bomb, waiting for my number to come. it never did, but i'm still air bag shy to this day. it's more knowing that air bags cost thousands of dollars and less about getting punched in the face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts